Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Lenovo Legion i5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit on my Lenovo Legion i5. I am pretty tech savvy, but this issue has me stumped. My printer works just fine and prints from my iPad and my Android phone. Also, if I open the HP Smart app on my laptop, I can print a couple test pages ONLY. It was working perfectly fine until about a week ago. I could just print anything without any issue at all.

However, I went to print about a week ago and an immediate ERROR message came up. Showing the printer in error status. I have removed the device, uninstalled the software, factory reset the printer, downloaded drivers from support, uninstalled, reinstalled, used the printui.exe /s option to delete all traces of HP from my computer. I have downloaded and ran the HP Scan and Print doctor and all it says is "A later version of software is available for this printer" and when I click it, it refers me back to the HP Smart app that I already have. I have checked the printer for updates, and it says it is fully up-to-date. Also my computer has no available Windows Updates at this time.

I have used device manager also to try to update drivers, deleted them and re-installed. I have tried EVERY available download from the HP support page.

This appears to solely be the cause of a bad driver. As the different errors say DRIVER IS UNAVAILABLE, or sometimes I get the error that the driver is not signed, or is signed in the incorrect place.

This is frustrating, considering that I am a business owner and I do a lot of printing for invoices, shipping labels, etc. I have had to email myself everything and use an iPad or Phone to print from because the printer/drivers are not working with my laptop.

Someone, please help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ladesta

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I understand that your HP envy driver is not available due to which being unable to print from a Lenovo laptop. 

Root level uninstall and reinstall printer drivers

• Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Envy printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

To reinstall, click here.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.