Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp deskjet ink advantage 4675
iOS

HP Easy Start” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

I'm getting this error message when iI try to install the software.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

This error message appears when your Mac security settings do not allow installing software from an unknown developer. To resolve the issue, you can follow these steps:

1. Right-click the "HP Easy Start" file and select "Get Info".

2. In the "General" section, look for a section called "Open Anyway". If it's not present, go to the next step.

3. If the "Open Anyway" section is present, click on the "Open" button.

4. If the "Open Anyway" section is not present, go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy, and under the "General" tab, click on the lock icon to make changes.

5. Change the "Allow apps downloaded from" setting to "Anywhere" and try installing the software again.

6. After the software is installed, change the setting back to its original value for security purposes.

Note: If the software is not from a trusted source, it's recommended to not install it to prevent any potential harm to your Mac.

If the answer was helpful to you, please appreciate the effort and vote below by clicking on "Yes".
This will help me a lot and encourage me to give better answers.

My website
web counter
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.