Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4520 Series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Envy 4520 Series

Dell OptiPlex 380

Intel core 2 duo E7500 2.93 GHz

8 GB ram

20 GB free space on hard disc

MS Windows 10 Pro x64

When I received this printer back in May 2017, I installed the printer drivers from the cd as a network printer on the wireless.

I have always had issues with the printer not printing from Fire Fox.  If I wanted to print from a webpage I had to close Fire fox and use IE, Edge, or chrome. I have also had issues printing from MS word. The work around was to save as a PDF and use acrobat to print.

When the printer has not been used for a while it’s IP changes because Of the DHCP settings.

I set it to use a static IP and it seemed to keep its ip.

Recently I needed to print my Resume, the only way I could was to save it as a PDF, but now acrobat would not print ether. I found in the HP printer software an area where it said print PDF. I was able to use that to print one copy of my resume. Then it would only print the first page.

I uninstalled all HP software and drivers, connected the printer to my computer via a USB cable.

When I tried to install the updated drivers I just downloaded from the web, it would stall at the last step while trying to do the software activation. I would get a big white pop up with nothing in it. When I would try to close this screen it would ask if I was sure and would state I could complete setup by clicking a link which had a copy to clipboard button. When the clipboard link was pasted into Fire fox it would get a webpage not found error.

I ran HP Print and Scan Doctor, it found that the software was the problem. I let it uninstall old and install new software. Same issue, never completes activation.

I am so frustrated, I have tried to install this printer at least 20 times, connected directly to my computer and via Wi-Fi.  On Wi-Fi the printer sits about a foot from the router, so signal is not an issue.

Can someone help? I am at wits end and have no idea of what to try next.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

solved printer software not completing instlation. It was stalling when it tried to bring up the activation web page. something was wrong with my computer account. I fixed it by logging in to the administrator account and setting the UAC to the highest level, saving then seting it to the lowest lefel and saving. I was finally able to install the printer software, but still could not print. Event log custom view administration events had access denied for all my attempted print jobs.

I gave full control to "Local Service" and "everyone" to the windows\system32\spool\printer folder. Now and even fire fox can print, My problem has ben solved

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @RobLMoore,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query. I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with your HP ENVY 4520 All-in-One Printer wherein it does not complete the driver installation.

This issue could occur if the firmware is not updated.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.

And here are a few steps in the link to update the firmware: Firmware Update

Let me know if this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

the printer update was already done months ago. Still, I downloaded the update executible and ran it. The found printer is up to date and can not be slected.

HP Recommended

Hi @RobLMoore,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the firmware is up to date.

I suggest that you install the basic drivers from the link: Basic Driver

Let me know if this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

solved printer software not completing instlation. It was stalling when it tried to bring up the activation web page. something was wrong with my computer account. I fixed it by logging in to the administrator account and setting the UAC to the highest level, saving then seting it to the lowest lefel and saving. I was finally able to install the printer software, but still could not print. Event log custom view administration events had access denied for all my attempted print jobs.

I gave full control to "Local Service" and "everyone" to the windows\system32\spool\printer folder. Now and even fire fox can print, My problem has ben solved

HP Recommended

Hello, @RobLMoore

Thanks for the update & Great stuff! Glad to know that you were able to fix the issue 🙂

Visit us again if you have any concerns!

Thank you again and may you have a wonderful day and even better tomorrow 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

This is what I am getting when trying to get support: We're sorry

HP Customer Support site is temporarily unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience. Please check back later.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.