Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Update: Resetting Network Settings didnt help at all. What seems to have helped (also looking at the solution comment from SteffanW) was to do a factory reset. Because im still running on the included cartridges (not the ones sent by instant ink themselves), i was sure i wouldnt encounter any issues but i did. So basically the printer told me that instant ink wouldnt be registered anymore on the printer and i wont be able to use any instant ink cartridges. Also, the instant ink interface said it would be offline. I went through this whole support document (https://support.hp.com/de-de/document/c06429219). Like literally all of the steps. The thing that helped me in the end of the day was to call HP Support. They also didnt know about my situation (cause i did like all the steps in the document). What actually solved my problem with instant ink was to cancel instant ink and resubscribe. At least that was what the hp employee did. I also informed the employee about this support threat and the issues we're experiencing. He said that he noted it down and he would inform someone about it. Lets hope someone will look at this at some point of time.

A question to SteffanW if he's still around: Did you encounter any problems whatsoever again after these 2-3 months?

HP Recommended

Yes, I am still around and I follow this tread with great interest.
The good news is that the factory reset solved the problem. At least for me it did. The printer never froze again. The problem doing this is that you have to contact HP support so they can unsubscribe and resubscribe the Instant Ink account in order to fix the E0 error (illegal cartridges). HP SHOULD MENTION THIS CONSEQUENCE IN THE USER GUIDE!

I think that during the initial installation something goes wrong that causes this problem. I remember that during the initial setup I got an error that “something went wrong”. The only option I had was an Ok button and when I clicked it the installation proceeded as if nothing unusual had happened. Did anybody notice problems during the installation? Then maybe this could be a hint for HP tech support.

HP Recommended

So i have an update to this situation after a few months. The "freezing" still happens but not as often as it did before. It happens when a print job is sent to the printer. The printer doesnt freeze just out of nowhere. Basically, after sending a print job (no matter what device, service etc.) the printer may get into this "freeze" state.

HP Recommended

I have the same happening, almost a freeze a day with my Envy 6032. Luckily I do not have an ink subscription so I will look up how to do the factory reset.

(found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk8lAMJH5Qs )

This video reviews the method to reset the WiFi or WLAN network of your HP Envy 6000 series 6020, 6022, 6030, 6032, 6052, 6055 all-in-one printer. It will reset it to the factory default setting. This process erases the administrator password, network setting, wifi setting, and some data. Welcome
HP Recommended

More than 24 hours after the factory reset and re-install the same freeze happened so I will consider the WiFi option a complete failure and from now on just use the printer with a USB cable to my laptop.

HP Recommended

Not sure why this thread is marked "Solved". Still having those freezes, and did not see actual workaround or new firmware coming.

HP Recommended

Instead of 'solved' it should be 'surrendered' as in "we give up".

HP Recommended

Yep, or "Frozen" 🙂

HP Recommended

I have a brand new HP envy 6055e and it froze after two hours of being connected. No response from the HP Smart App on my phone or desktop. The printer itself would not even respond to the power button or any manual inputs at the printer. Any idea? 

HP Recommended

Had the same problem.  Will freeze on the first or second day on standby. Tech support is no help. Had to return printer to store three times. On the third printer the freezing went away.  4 months of not freezing. Bought it at sams club. No questions asked on return. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.