Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 7134
Other

Hello All,

Purchased a HP ENVY Photo 7134 Wireless All-in-One Printer - set-up and configured yesterday on arrival with no real issues - able to print from Windows 10 , iPhone, Ipad etc. When trying to complete the registration and set-up for instant Ink i can't  connect to the web services.

Network Problem

A network problem occurred while the printer was trying to connect to the Web Services server.

Click "Troubleshoot" to diagnose the problem, or click "Close" and fix the problem later

So far have send over 12 hours trying to get this resolved  and it's driving me crazy! I have been on so many forums and HP help sites and performed the usual tests but still not working!

• Printer Firmware upgrade completed.
  • Tried turning on Web Services from the Embedded Web Server (EWS)
  • Checked router config/restarted/no proxy 
  • Assigned Static I.P / DNS addresses.
  • Switched and toggled between 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz frequency bands
  • Done a full factory reset on the Printer and set-up again (just in case)
  • Printer Gene
  • Printer Generated Web Access Reporting  comes back clear - No Problems founds. Your printer has access, which is required for web services  

I'm at  complete loss - some forums  mention issues with the system date on the printer being wrong but can't see how to check that anywhere.

HP support non-responsive so far - any suggestions gratefully received!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello All,

Can anyone help or provide any further suggestions or should I cut my losses and send it back for another brand?

HP Recommended

Just been online with HP support (telephone closed on weekends).

After running through much of the same they have talked me through a semi-full reset - this has also not resolved my issue and they have suggested waiting 24/48 hours then it will work?!? I have challenged them on his as been in the same situation for a week now and now they suggest sending it back as the machine is only a week old so must be faulty?

Feeling fobbed off a bit by this - think I really need to speak to someone  before returning for a replacement?

HP Recommended

@Jimmy-P

Welcome to HP support community.

Did you turn on the web services?

Here are the steps:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.