Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I 'm running into a problem with printer stuck on first dot on bootup. I have tried unplugging, waiting 60 seconds+ and replugging. Same result. How do I resolve to get the printer online again?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @GPratt62 ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand your HP Envy 7855 printer gets stuck on the first dot during boot-up, it could indicate a hardware or software issue. 

Here are some steps you can take to resolve the issue:

• Power Cycle: You've already tried this, but it's worth trying again. Unplug the power cord from the printer and wait for at least 60 seconds before plugging it back in. This should perform a complete power cycle, which might help resolve the issue.
  • Check Connections: Ensure that all cables connecting the printer to your computer and power source are securely plugged in. Sometimes loose connections can cause startup issues.
  • Check for Paper Jams: Even if the printer is stuck on the first dot, it's worth checking for any paper jams inside the printer. Open the printer's access doors and check for any stuck paper or debris. Clearing any jams might resolve the issue.
  • Update Firmware/Drivers: Make sure that your printer's firmware is up-to-date. You can usually find firmware updates on the manufacturer's website. Similarly, ensure that you have the latest printer drivers installed on your computer. Update the firmware on an HP printer
  • Reset Printer: Perform a reset on your printer to clear any temporary glitches. The method for resetting the printer may vary depending on the model, so refer to the printer's manual for instructions on how to reset it.
  • Check for Error Messages: If there are any error messages displayed on the printer's control panel or your computer, take note of them. Error messages can provide valuable information about what might be causing the issue.

Refer to this document:  HP ENVY Photo 7855 All-in-One Printer User manual 

HP printer is offline or unavailable

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.