Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Ink Tank Wireless 419 (410 series)
Microsoft Windows XP

Hi, I'm trying to setup my new HP Ink Tank Wireless 419 (410 series - print, copy, scan) on desktop running Windows XP SP3 and have problem with finishing installation. I downloaded printer software from HP Support: Full_Webpack-45.4.2608-ITW410_Full_Webpack.exe but installation stops at the very end with message that lpitw410.cab file has wrong digital signature therefore installation cannot be completed and then it removes all installed components from desktop. When I ran the installation again I didn't click forward after installation stopped and I could use the software's every component: tools, configuration, scanning, checking health, etc. But after clicking forward software deletes itself from PC. Please advise what I do wrong and what should I do to complete installation. Maybe there is another installation software or other way to install this printer on Windows XP desktop PC.

I've noticed in the setup log that during setup process every component (Items: HP Ink Tank Wireless 410 series basic, HP Dropbox Plugin, HP EmailSMTP Plugin, HP FTP Plugin, HP Google Drive Plugin, HP OneDrive Plugin, HP SFTP Plugin, HP SharePoint Plugin) was successfully installed and only Item HP Ink Tank Wireless 410 series Help failed to install with 1603;
hopefully this will help to diagnose the issue.

Any help would be appreciated,

Tom 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@tp33

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. It seems like software driver limitations with Windows XP OS. 

• Try with Windows Built-in Print DriverClick here

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Echo_Lake

Thank you for your reply.

The solution you posted works fine.

Although I was wondering if there was any way to get around this error so as to install the dedicated full HP software I downloaded or at least basic Hp software which is not enlisted on HP support website. Is there basic HP software (without items causing the issue) dedicated for HP Ink Tank Wireless 419 (415, 410 series) on PC running Windows XP?

HP Recommended

@tp33

Thank you for posting back. 

I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue.

I did go through the Software and drivers for HP Ink Tank Wireless 410 series and found out not many supported drivers are available for Windows XP OS. Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-ink-tank-wireless-410-series/16180953 to know more. 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.