Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I am having the same problem with my HP Laserjet CP1025nw. I recently upgraded to Catalina (10.15.4) and now I cannot print. I followed along and had trouble trying to reset the printer through the system preferences. When I tried to "add" after removing it, it couldn't find it. I then wanted to try to "uninstall" the driver as suggested, and cannot find the "HP Uninstall" folder...just lots of "HP" folders and files...not sure which ones to delete; there are about 40 files with "HP" in their names. Please advise me on how to delete the driver to try to update to the newer driver. Thanks!

HP Recommended

I followed these steps. When I try to install the driver that you linked to I get the following error: " “HP Installer.app” needs to be updated. The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information"

The error suggests that the HP driver software cannot run on Mac OSX 10.15 Catalina. Can you confirm that this version of HP driver installation software does not work on Catalina, and also provide a date when HP software will be updated to work with Catalina?

HP Recommended

They are compatible drivers, did you choose the os and the version before you downloaded the software?

Where you able to install the mac printer driver?

HP Recommended

I downloaded the Mac driver from the link you provided. When I tried installing it I got the same message that member "Hoennikker" did: "“HP Installer.app” needs to be updated. The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information".  

Is there an updated driver being developed? Is there any way around this? 

Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

Those are only updated drivers, as airprint and HP drivers are not working.

They are no more drivers available from the HP website or Apple Software Update.

However, Gutenprint (formerly called Gimp-Print) provides open-source basic print drivers for many printers that would otherwise not be supported in Mac OS X. To see if your printer is supported, go to Gutenprint drivers for more information.

NOTE: Gutenprint drivers are not supported by HP or Apple.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I tried Gutenprint, and this printer is not supported there either. Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region for further assistance.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

When I load the page you linked to the top of the page says: "Detected operating system: macOS 10.15". That is correct for my system and so I did not try to change the os or version before downloading. 

I was not able to install either the mac printer driver or the full feature software and driver. They both give me the error: "This package is incompatible with this version of macOS."

Again, this really seems like HP does not support the driver for this printer on Mac OX 10.15 Catalina. Can you double check with engineering that they have released updated installation packages for this OS? 

HP Recommended

The available drivers on support.hp.com are the only compatible driver's HP has released for your printer and for the os indicated.

Have you tried printing from a different device?

HP Recommended

Yes, the printer is functional (have just printed from a different computer with an older OS). 

Could you let me / us know when HP plans to release drivers that support Mac OS x 10.15 Catalina? Please, if you can, send an email to an engineer on the driver team and just ask? Currently the printer is not functional from my new computer because the latest installation package from HP for this os will not run (see my previous error message posted). 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.