10-02-2020 01:58 AM
I just bought a new HP laserjet MFP 137 fnw printer.
I have managed to connect the printer wirelessly to my laptop and it prints fine.
2 issues I am struggling with;
1. i need to scan but it says its not available, how to I get the scanner to work?
2. I am trying to add the printer to the HP support assistant app on my laptop and it will not detect my printer. I have even tried with the cable. I can confirm that I have disabled my firewall in case this is required.
10-02-2020 02:32 AM - edited 10-02-2020 02:38 AM
Make sure you have the full software and drivers for your printer installed on your computer.
- HP Laser MFP 130 Printer series Full Solution Software and Drivers:
Please check the Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service to see if it is working properly by doing the following:
- On the keyboard, press the Windows flag and the R key simultaneously. The Run window opens.
- Type services.msc and OK. The Services (local) window opens.
- Double-click on Windows Image Acquisition, then click on the Connection tab.
- Check Local System Account and Allow the service to interact with the office.
- Click on the Dependencies tab and check that Remote Procedure Call (RPC) and Kernel Hardware Detection exist in the first window.
- Click on the General tab, and restart the service by clicking on Stop, then Start.
- Close the Services window.
- Try to scan with HP Scan.
If the Kernel hardware detection dependency does not exist, please add it as follows:
- Simultaneously press the Windows flag and the R key. The Run window opens.
- Type regedit, then OK. The registry editor opens.
- Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then SYSTEM, CurrentControlSet, Services and select StiSvc.
- In the right pane double click on Depend on service.
- You will find RpcSs, just add ShellHWDetection below then click on Enter and OK.
- Close the registry editor.
- Try to scan with HP Scan.
If the issue continues, please restart the printer, computer, and router.
- Turn the printer off, and then wait 10 seconds.
- Disconnect the printer power cord from the printer.
- Turn off the computer or the device you are trying to print from.
- Connect the printer power cord to the printer, and then turn on the printer.
- Disconnect the power cord from your wireless router, and then wait 30 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the router.
NOTE: Wait until internet service is restored. Internet service is interrupted while the router is off.
- Wait at least 3 minutes, then turn on the computer.
- Try to scan again.
I remain at your disposal in case of need.
10-02-2020 03:15 AM
Thanks for the reply
I have done as mentioned and the problem is still there.
I can confirm that i had the full software and drivers installed on my laptop for the printer. Is there software that needs to be updated on the printer itself?
When I press the scan button on the printer, it says "ready to scan" and below says "scan to WSD" not sure what that means.
When i press OK it says scan not available.
Please assist further.
10-02-2020 03:57 AM - edited 10-02-2020 03:58 AM
Thanks for your return,
Make sure to update the printer's firmware.
To update the printer firmware with the HP file below, please refer to the attached (HP) PDF document.
Don't hesitate to contact us in case of need.
10-02-2020 09:42 AM
i have managed to use the IP address of the printer to login as admin into the device.
What I am concerned about is that in the information mention it shows that this device can do print, copy and fax. I cannot see an option indicating that it can scan.
Now this is a MFP which should be able to scan as well.
What am I missing here.
I have not been able to locate the correct firmware to be confident enough to install it.