Did you mean: 
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Office Jet Pro 7740 Activation Fails on Installation

HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 7740
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Software installs as per normal until the Activate stage is reached.  I then get a message stating "Connection to the Internet was not found or has been lost.  Please check the connection and then click retry.  I am getting the same error on 2 separate Windows machines all running on 64-bit OS.  Note:  I have no issue installing the same software for my other HP Printer which is a HP Officejet Pro

2 REPLIES 2
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The other printer I have in a HP Officejet Pro 8610

0 Kudos
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After several attempts to install this software, I was finally successful.  I was able to get it installed by first uninstalling.  Then turning off Windows Defender Firewall.  After doing this, I re-installed the software.  I still received the same error message, but I just closed the window and then launched the app with no problem.  Hope this works for any reading this post.  be sure to turn back on Windows Defender Firewall afterwards 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation