Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
mobile
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I am considering the purchase of a new mobile printer (HP OfficeJet 200 Mobile Printer) for use with Mac OS computers, and would like to know two things about this product.

1) Is it required to install the battery to operate this unit even if you are using the powercord?

2) Is it required to install the tri-color ink cartridge for this unit to print? I have an older model HP480 that requires a cartridge in the tri-color slot and will not work if the correct product is not installed. I only need to print in black and would like to leave the tri-color slot empty or override the sensors looking for ink supply and preventing any printing.

Thank you for your input and answers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The printer will work without a battery using a power cord.

The printer supports printing in single-cartridge mode, which mean it can print with only one cartridge.

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The printer will work without a battery using a power cord.

The printer supports printing in single-cartridge mode, which mean it can print with only one cartridge.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.