cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Nadrho
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP OfficeJet 3835 printing but not scaning

HP Recommended
Panasonic CF52
Microsoft Windows XP

Hy

my labtop runs on  WIN XP PRO .

The HP device worked well with my former computer on Win XP.

Unfortunely my computer collapsed.

My printer is now connected on my labtop under Win XP Pro and on  a USB socket.

I installed the driver "DJ3830_Full_WebPack_40.11.1124.exe".

My HP prints but won't scan.

If I lunch a scan, the message

"Le périférique d'imagerie HP est introuvable"

"The HP photo/imaging device can't be found" appeasr.

What can you suggest me ?

Thanks in advance

(I apologyse for my english)

André

NADRHO
1 REPLY 1
TEJ1602
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,643 18,620 1,525 1,497
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Nadrho, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I would suggest you try the Windows built-in drivers. Follow the steps below:

•    Go to Control Panel - Devices and printers - Click on "Add printer" and follow the on-screen instructions.

•    When the page prompts for the drivers, select "Windows update". The driver list will be updated.

•    Click HP, Hewlett Packard, or Hewlett-Packard in the Manufacturer pane, and then click the name of your printer in the Printers pane.

Refer to this document HP printer setup (Windows built-in driver) for help.

To scan, follow the steps below-

Windows supports most standard printing and scanning tasks and settings with the built-in driver.

• Scan documents and photos: Complete scan jobs with a Windows app that works with the built-in driver.

• Windows Fax and Scan: In Windows, search for and open Windows Fax and Scan. Click New Scan, and then select your printer.

• Windows Paint: In Windows, search for and open Paint. Click File > From scanner or camera.

• Windows Scan app: In Windows, search for and open the Windows Scan app . If it is not listed, go to Windows Scan (in English) to install it.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation