Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows Server 2019

I'm trying to install the drivers for a  HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 on Windows Server 2022 and 2019 with no luck, constantly getting errors saying that the OS is not supported, even though I have downloaded the 2019 driver from your website!

I have also tried installing it via command line, extracting the basic installer and running msiexec to install the msi and still get the same errors.

I'd rather not be using 2019 but it appeared the only answer due to support but that doesn't work, so i'm kinda stuck...

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @SamBaginskis,

Welcome to the HP support community.

I'd like to help!

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please check your inbox on the forums page for private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I have the same issue. Cannot install update HP - Printer - 31.1.2001.9295 and Install error - 0x800f020b.

I tried several times but no success. MY printer is HP Officejet Pro 7740 series. Operating system is  Windows 11

Need urgent assistance, Thanks

Mare

HP Recommended

I would try the Smart UPD driver. https://support.hp.com/ca-en/help/smartupd

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I am having this exact issue. How do we get the solution sent to us?

HP Recommended

Extremely Unhelpful.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.