Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8600
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

I got a new laptop running Big Sur, and I've just spent a couple of hours reading answers here, updating firmware, uninstalling and installing, and restarting. My HP OfficeJet Pro won't print from my laptop running Big Sur.

I understand this is a known problem. Is HP planning to address this issue? 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Same problem since the end of 2020 with USB. However, wireless AirPrint works.

HP Recommended

Thanks, Antdude. I read all your posts. I can't figure out how to set up AirPrint. I've uninstalled and re-installed the printer, but I don't see an option to set up AirPrint. I'd appreciate any guidance you could offer.

The laptop seems to be talking to the printer, but every time I send a print job, I get a dialogue saying the job is complete when it hasn't even started.

This is a crazy problem. It's a very popular printer, and I know a lot of people are having this issue.

HP Recommended

@5fanglu wrote:

Thanks, Antdude. I read all your posts. I can't figure out how to set up AirPrint. I've uninstalled and re-installed the printer, but I don't see an option to set up AirPrint. I'd appreciate any guidance you could offer.

The laptop seems to be talking to the printer, but every time I send a print job, I get a dialogue saying the job is complete when it hasn't even started.

This is a crazy problem. It's a very popular printer, and I know a lot of people are having this issue.

Weird. I assume you used https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-8600-premium-e-all-in-one-printer-... (Easy Start). What about https://123.hp.com/us/en/devices/ojpro8600? Do you have another Apple device (iPhone,another Mac, iPad, etc.) that can do AirPrint? If so, then does that work?

HP Recommended

Thank you, Antdude. I'm now seriously considering downgrading from Big Sur to Catalina or Mojave. A bunch of my other apps don't work on Big Sur, and this is getting tiresome.

HP Recommended

@5fanglu wrote:

Thank you, Antdude. I'm now seriously considering downgrading from Big Sur to Catalina or Mojave. A bunch of my other apps don't work on Big Sur, and this is getting tiresome.

Yup, the joys of upgradings. FYI. I upgraded HP's printer drivers in macOS Mojave v10.14.6 and it also broke its USB too. 😞

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.