Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 4500 g-m
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've been experiencing some issues when I try to display my printer's properties. It doesn't allow me to select any option, and the characters displayed are unknown or from a different language. I've uninstalled, and reinstalled the printer's drivers 3 times so far, using always the hp site drivers to setup my printer.
I've also run the troubleshooter with no significant results, and changed the program's language (Microsoft Office 2013) and the system language back to Spanish(Spain) with no results.
Please could someone help me out with this? (In case the image doesn't show up, use this link: https://prnt.sc/x7pykd )

Screenshot_1.png

As you can see, it's not even displayed with spanish language. Here's the link of the driver I've installed: https://support.hp.com/es-es/drivers/selfservice/Impresora-Todo-en-Uno-HP-Officejet-4500---G510g/391...

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@AlvaroZ

Welcome to HP Support Community

I would like to help

Please uninstall the printer driver from root level and download the printer software again

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’

6.) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the “Drivers” tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.) Restart the computer and download the full feature software

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello and thank you a lot for your reply. I've followed your steps one by one, and repeated it around 3 times to be sure I didn't miss some error or in case I make any mistakes. After each uninstallation, I've made sure that any hp components were completely removed, unfortunately, the error remains. I've noticed it might be that the properties of my hp printer might be displayed with japanese characters, and thus they do not display properly on my window, as my desktop and my printer are set up in spanish. I've also gone and installed the same package I've uploaded in the original post again, please, notice it's the spanish version clearly.

I've tried accessing the printer directly, and setting it's language to spanish, and same about its location, to Spain. I've also gone through my desktop's language to be sure it's indeed set up in spanish. I've reset both desktop and printer to see if things changed but, to no avail.
I've still got the exact same issue. This renders my printer unusable as I can't select any of the printer preferences. Please could you provide me with any solution regarding this?

The printer is also connected through our network, not directly through USB. I don't know how that would matter though, but I'm providing as much information as I can, I really do not know what I can do to fix this issue. It's the first time it ever happened.
Again thank you and I'll be looking forward for further support.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the details

I suggest you try reinstalling the printer again using the Windows Built-In Driver after uninstalling the printer from root level once again

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 
2.) Select your HP Printer 
3.) Select Uninstall 
4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 
5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 
6.) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”) 
8.) Click on the “Drivers” tab 
9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 
10.) Select Ok 
11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 
12.) Close Devices and Printers
13.) Restart the computer and reinstall the printer driver using the Windows Built In driver and follow the onscreen Instructions

Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01796879

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello and thank you for your help. I've followed these new steps and indeed my printer seems to work now. Yet I'd like to ask about one remaining issue: the built in driver has very basic settings that do not contemplate the type of printing nor all the options I previously had (And did not display well).

In the link you've shared with me to reinstall the built-in drivers it does tell me to reinstall the HP support drivers and all which would make me go back to the initial issue. Do you have any suggestions about any work around to recover the full printing functions of my printer?

Again thank you very much for your support and time!

HP Recommended

Are you using the HP Printer Assistant Software or did the HP Solution Center get installed when you downloaded the Full Feature Software?

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, and I'm sorry for the late response.

First than all, I've tried to use the HP Printer Assistant Sofware with no results, but ultimately, I've gone through formatting my computer (It was about time anyway, to get rid of many, many temporal trash files accumulated) and I've tried reinstalling the printers drivers. Installing the Windows default drivers do not solve my issue, as, of course, I can make it work for my printer to be able to print documents, but I desperately need my scanner to work.

Although, after I installed the full feature, now it's giving me a whole different issue. I cannot install it. It gives me a irrecuperable error by the end of its installation, and I've taken a screenshot of the log that it displays. Could you help me out with this?

Error.png

After this, the installation reverts changes, but it leaves at least a minimal driver to be able to print documents, yet again, I do need my scanner to work.
Thank you for your patience and help. I'll be looking forward for any answers or help regarding this.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.