Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9014 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'm reinstalling an HP OfficeJet Pro 9014 All-In-One Printer on a pc that has been reset but I can't claim the printer with the claim code which makes it impossible to add it to HP smart and therefore it's not working at all. I've been struggling with it for 3 hours and I can not say it is improving my mood or patience with it.

I have done this:

- made sure the printer is added to the hpconnect account (it is, I see it there, warranty expired and all)

- Tried to add it to hp smart: it's not finding the printer, but I'm logged in with the same account, so shouldn't it see this printer automatically?

- Reset the eprint services multiple times and printed & entered many, many, many claim codes in the hopes it would suddenly work(did nothing, keeps saying the claim code is invalid)

- Reset the wifi connections multiple times (did nothing, keeps saying the claim code is invalid after I printed it again)

- Checked the network connection: the signal is 'Excellent' and I see the printer IP while looking in the DHCP!

- Partial reset of the printer (no luck, stil invalid after printing)

- Full factory reset of the printer (still invalid claim code after I printed)

- Rebooted the printer serveral times (did nothing, still invalid claim code)

- I looked for the printer with the wifi direct: it's not showing up in wifi networks

- I looked for the printer with bluetooth: not showing up either

- I added the printer via IP to the pc. Selected the driver in the standard windows list. Printed a document: error. 

- mail to the printer and have it print: also doenst work...

Before you ask: there are no issues with my network. It's connected to a guest network with no restrictions whatsoever. Can anyone tell me what I do with this? I'm about ready to chuck this printer out on the curb and burn it to ashes. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@pkjbnlklvhlfyug

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. 

Let's try these steps to resolve the issue: 
To find your Printer Claim Code, print a Web Services Information page from the printer's built-in webpage.

Send a test print job from any device on your network to make sure the printer is connected and can print.

NOTE: You cannot use Web Services or get your Printer Claim Code if your printer is not connected to your wireless network. A USB connection does not work.

• Type the printer IP address into a web browser on any device connected to your network to open the printer's built-in website.
  • To find your printer IP address:
  • From the touchscreen control panel: Touch the Wireless icon .
  • From the HP Smart app: Click Printer Settings, and then click Printer Information.
  • From the printed network report: Press the Information button to print an information page.
  • From the printer website, find the Web Services menu, and then click Print Info Page or Print Information Sheet.
  • Find the Printer Code or Printer Claim Code on the page that prints.
  • If the information page only has the printer's email address, remove and then re-enable Web Services. A new information page prints with the Claim Code.
  • Add your printer to an HP Smart account using the Printer Claim Code.
  • If an Invalid Claim Code or other error message displays, remove and then re-enable Web Services before trying again.
  • For more detailed steps and troubleshooting options, go to Printer Claim Process and FAQs.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Support, you gave a standard template answer and the person who had this problem spend 3 hours so you can imagine that this was all know to him and would not provide the good answer.

Instead, please understand that I think that there is a software production issue.

Having 2 older versions of OJPro printers in use with a working ePrint solution I am confident that there is an issue with the software on the 9014e version of mine.

I went back to the store and after myself spending hours of troubleshooting they also couldn't find the solution.

We could only guess that this newest version has HP+ and works differently but couldn't find out how although the specs mentions the eprint capability. (email sending to printer) 

I am actually confident that HP sold a product and they don't yet realise  that the Printer Claim Code or Web Services page does not work as described on the HP documentation and support pages.

IMPORTANT INFO: The touch screen does not show the ePrint icon on the OJP 9014e as instructed in this HP source: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06195872

It simply isn't anywhere and from the configuration options there is no way to activate the WebServices.

Using the printers' web interface, printing the WebServices details (hoping to get the claim code) isn't available either. (when requesting to print WS details the timer runs infinitely and doesn't print anything)

I bought the printer for this email function and I am told that I can't return the device. Hopefully we get an answer soon and I bet that a release update is required.

PLEASE REPORT THIS TO YOUR PRINTER DEVELOPMENT TEAM:

My release is the most recent version and shows:  MANHTNPP1N005.2129A.00 Host-name HP8D9EAA Sn TH21D470BM

This should be a HP OJP 9014e version. (but it isn't because feature is not available)

Regards,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.