Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart Premium CN503A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When my latop received the Windows 10 upgrade, HP Photo Creations (HPPC) was erased from the computer.  I found a link on a website & downloaded it again, but then it wouldn't print at all, from HPPC. 

I tried uninstalling HPPC & reinstalling it, & found 2 different links on the HP forum to try.  I tried both, but it still won't work, even after restarting my printer & computer. 

(https://shop2.rocketlifeproduction.com/hpfe6fd34b208847e8f8254b9be96e8c4c/catalog.html?gta=download)

(ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/united-states/rlc/hppc-hpcom.17422.exe)

I tried setting the compatibility mode to Windows 7, & now a photo will print, but only one slice of it.  It's an 8.5x11 collage of photos & all the printer settings & HPPC settings are set to print an 8.5x11 photo. 

I tried the HP Print & Scan Doctor, & it said everything was fine.

I also tried downloading HPPC from Google (my default browser), Firefox, & Microsoft Edge, but got the same results.

I do not want to uninstall & reinstall my HP printer program because I've had big issues with this causing new problems in the past.

I have been trying to fix this for hours & am very disappointed.   Please help.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@DiannL

I can offer the following:

Try / Consider

• If you are running Windows 10, the Windows 7 compatibility setting is not appropriate for the program.

• Check your Windows Updates - click the "check for updates" to be sure there is not something lurking about that needs to be installed.

• Use a "remove" utility to make sure the exsisting Photo Creations program set is removed.

If printer software will not uninstall, appears to be removed and then shows up again, or is otherwise not “going away” when you tell it to do so, try an Uninstaller program.

Microsoft:  Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed

Some people like this one:  Revo Uninstaller (Free version)

• Regardless of other things you try: Restart everything (including your router) and then log back in.

• Photo Creations depends on a solid, working, installation of the Full Feature Software -- if all else fails, consider reinstalling the Full Feature Software.

The printer software available for this printer is an older version.  Athough it is supposed to work properly on Windows 10, there are occasional reports (in the forum) that this is simply not the case for every printer and / or every installation of Windows 10.  This problem might be more apparent in a computer that has been "upgraded" (migrated) to Windows 10 from an older version of Windows.  In particular, if your computer lacks HP (or other vendor) drivers for Windows 10, other programs -- including print software -- may suffer issues.

• Consider contacting Photo Creations Support

HP Photo Creations video tours 

Getting Started with Photo Creations.

View the videos within the program on the Getting Started page.

Help and How-to Documents > Print projects and photos

Photo Creations Printing Help and How-to

Having trouble?  There are support staff to help you with your print-at-home projects:

A dedicated support site is provided at RocketLifeSupport.com. The site contains illustrated tutorials and a chat feature to reach the US support team.  (Office hours are Monday-Friday, 9-6 Eastern, except major holidays.) 

RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
» Visit the HP Photo Creations Facebook page — news, tips, and inspiration
» See the HP Photo Creations video tours — cool tips in under 2 minutes
» Contact Customer Support — get answers from the experts
» Browse the FAQ at RocketLifeSupport.com

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Yes, this sounds like a printer driver issue. (Drivers are the software that handles communication between your printer and computer.) Reinstalling the full-feature printer drivers would be a good approach.

The easiest place to download HP Photo Creations is at www.hp.com/go/hppc. The software checks for updates each time you launch it, so it's always up to date.

Here are step-by-step directions for uninstalling and reinstalling HP Photo Creations on Windows 10:

1. Check Your Internet Connection

• If you’re accessing the Internet from a business or office network, please be sure that the network or firewall allows access to the HP Photo Creations software.
    • Check your computer’s clock to be sure the date and time are set correctly.

2. Uninstall and Reinstall HP Photo Creations

Step A: Uninstall HP Photo Creations

1. Click on Start
    2. Click on Control Panel
    3. Click on Add or remove programs
    4. From the program list, select and remove HP Photo Creations 

Step B: Download and reinstall HP Photo Creations

1. Go to www.hp.com/go/hppc 
    2. Click the Download button. Depending on your browser, you can choose to run or save the program. Choose Run if available. (If you chose Save instead, double-click the downloaded file.)
    3. Follow the onscreen instructions to reinstall HP Photo Creations. 

Step C: Open HP Photo Creations 

•  Open HP Photo Creations by double-clicking the desktop shortcut, and confirm that it is working.  

I find restarting the computer after step C can help as well.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Our support team is always happy to help. You can reach them at www.hp.com/go/supportform. 

Thank you for trying HP Photo Creations,

RocketLife

RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.