Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 7550
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

there is a way to manually install driver for HP photosmart 7520 that will work with HP photosmart 7550 on Windows 10. I tried the instructions and I still get an error. Any help would be appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, @mcolman1 – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums! I’d like to help 🙂

Going through your post, I understand that you are facing issues while installing your Photosmart 7550 printer on the Windows 10 printer. I am afraid that you cannot 7520 drivers for this printer since the printer is completely different to one other. But, let’s try to install the printer using the default Windows drivers. Here are the steps:

First, open Windows Device Installation Settings and confirm that your computer is set to automatically download driver software.

1. Search Windows for Change Device Installation, and then click the Change device installation settings Control Panel setting in the list of results.

Device Installation Settings window displays.

2. Select the Yes option, and then click Save Changes.

3. Now, turn on the printer and connect the printer to your PC using the USB cable

Now, go to http://hp.care/2oSqtTW and follow the step 3 to install the printer. 

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

The brilliant HP employee seems to not understand that the hp photosmart 7550 is not on the list of possibilities, and that thos of us with ph photosmart 7750's have only been able to use our printers by using the drivers for 7520.

The previous solution from another brilliant HP employee was to basically put the printer in the trash because you can't use it with Windows 10.

A very wise man, Tom Boomer, informed use of an alternative path... using the 7520 drivers, which has served us hp photosmart 7550 users quite well... until some unfortunate updates recently.

Dvortex, you don't know what you are talking about, and are wasting people's time.

No amount of smiley faces hides the fact that your "advice" is useless and is a waste of time to follow.

I know, because I optimistically tried to follow it, thinking, "Who knows, maybe s/he actually knows somthing and is helpful."

Nope.  Those smileys are just condescending, presuming that we are so stupid that we wouldn't know enough to use an hp photosmart 7550 driver on an hp photosmart 7550 printer.

HP Recommended

There *was* a way.  However, a Windows update changed all that...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.