cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Gill800
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Photosmart C4480

HP Recommended
Pavilion x64

I have recently bought the HP Pavilion x64 Notebook but my HP Photosmart C4480 will not install using the start up disk.  The message says that it is incompatible.  I can't believe I have to ditch it as it is a very good printer although old - any ideas on installation.

Many thanks

Gill

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sabretooth04
Level 14
21,074 15,309 1,541 3,040
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well since you make no mention of what OS your computer is on, or what OS the cd supports we would have to guess.

Go here and look for your software and drivers.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Photosmart-C4400-All-in-One-Printer-series/365555...

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
sabretooth04
Level 14
21,074 15,309 1,541 3,040
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well since you make no mention of what OS your computer is on, or what OS the cd supports we would have to guess.

Go here and look for your software and drivers.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Photosmart-C4400-All-in-One-Printer-series/365555...

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
Gill800
Author
4 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks - forgot to say Windows 10.  I will give it a go.  The disk says Windows XP and Vista + MAC.   The disk is version 10.0.2.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation