Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8720

I need you assistance out with this HP Printer Care Pack Issue that I have been having.
Over the past couple of weeks, I have talked to 8 or more HP support teams & probably wasted 5+ hours on phone calls waiting in queues or talking with HP.
Today, I talked to the HP Care Pack Department and got escalated to an HP Escalation Supervisor (She hung up before I could get her name.) They never opened up a Case Number. (The Care Pack Department stated they do not have that capability.)
I have always been using HP Printer Products my entire adult life.
Issue:
I cannot get HP to properly register the HP Care Pack that I purchased, in good faith.
On 01-Nov-2019, I purchased an HP Care Pack for my HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 replacement printer.
- Product Details: HP 3 Year Care Pack w/Next Day Exchange for OfficeJet Printers
- Product Number: UG072E
- Order Number: H331222216
- Order Date: 01-Nov-2019
- Paid $55.00 (On my VISA Credit Card)
- Model Name: HP OfficeJet Pro 8720
- Serial Number: [personal info removed]
- Product Number: M9L74A
On 22-Dec-2020, after talking with the Care Pack Department and an Escalation Supervisor, I was told that I would have to talk to HP Customer Support to request a refund. They stated that the 8720 Printer is no longer supported. Also on 22-Dec-2020, I found that HP website still offers this exact same Care Pack UG072E for the 8720 Printer.
I received this 8720 Printer as part of a previous Care Pack replacement issue. I was never told that HP was sending me a printer that will not be supported.
HP accepted my Care Pack order and accepted my VISA Payment & this Care Pack UG072E is still available for purchase on the HP website, as of 22-Dec-2020.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Kurthan52 

Please be very careful - having posted your private information here on our very public can result in you being targeted by unscrupulous rats and vermin.

I've notified the moderators to take a look at your post - if you wish do so, please Edit your post and remove both serial number, email address, and any other private information.  If you don't do so, eventually, the cleanup will be done for us.

What else?

Normally, you would have been able to register your Care Pack.

Product Registration

Register your product during first setup or soon afterwards

Register HP Product and Registration FAQ

Have a Care Pack Warranty that needs to be Registered?

HP Care Pack Registration Page

=========================================================

What now?

"We" cannot help - we  have no access to any internal HP accounts or information.

We can submit your issue for review (and I have done this).

Request for Review

• I have submitted a request that our Community moderators review your question / concern.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is not an HP business group.
  • We are not HP Technical Support, nor are we HP Sales, Service, or Warranty.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome:  Our request is not a magic back door into HP Support.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
  • If / When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 

Important

• Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
  • Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi @Kurthan52,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.