Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
1102w

Hi all,

seems I am not the only one but would be grateful for any recommendation to install my 1102w laser printer on a new Mac Big Sur. The installation SW does not work and I can not even set up Airprint. Do we all need to throw out our printers now? Great Upselling strategy, HP.

Thx

Gerrit.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I was able to get my laserjet working finally.  I deleted the printer, installed the driver below and re-added the printer.  Hope it helps you!

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1888?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
HP Recommended

You can still use the P1102w on Big Sur with wireless mode on AirPrint/Bonjour. USB does not work as there is no updated driver yet.

If you don't have wireless configured yet you need to set it up through USB on another computer first. 

You can press and hold the X button on the printer to find out the current network/wireless settings. Then open the IP address in the browser, enable Bonjour:

Screenshot 2020-12-05 at 00.39.59.png

Then in Printers & Scanners add the printer, it should show up and you can select AirPrint:

Screenshot 2020-12-05 at 00.40.54.png

HP Recommended

Hm yes thanks, this means I need a new Laptop now to install the printer. As I do not have another one I will need to replace the printer with a non HP model. Any ideas without laptop eg with phone possible ?

HP Recommended

Did you ever get this resolved? I am in the same situation, my laptop is also on Big Sur. I did download the new driver, but get this message when I try to install it: "This volume does not meet the requirements for this update."

Thanks for any updates.

HP Recommended

No there seems to be no working driver. Anybody knows a good non HP Laserprinter for Big Sur?

HP Recommended

I was able to get my laserjet working finally.  I deleted the printer, installed the driver below and re-added the printer.  Hope it helps you!

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1888?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

HP Recommended

I have an older HP Destjet 5740 and it needs new driver/software. It just looks like there is nothing available for Big Sur 11.1. 

That is HS

HP Recommended

HI! 

this driver worked for me finally! I had tried different drivers before.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers

HP Recommended

Thank you ! This worked perfectly fine for me.

HP Recommended

There is no corrective actions.   HP has failed to address the Big Sur operations.  Until they do, your printer will just sit there.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.