Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need to install your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 7640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After an update from HP, my printer quit printing from my desktop. I can still print wirelessly from my MAC and my iPhone, but the desktop does not allow me to print. I've unplugged the printer and restarted it and I've deleted it and tried to reinstall it. Now the HP Printer Install Wizard is in an infinite loop. First it says (A)"Discovering device" then it asks (B)if the printer is connected by USB or wirelessly. I check the box that says, (C) "My printer is already configured for use on the same network as my computer." It says (D) "discovering device" again and then (E)shows the printer. I select the printer to be installed and it goes back to step (A) and starts all over. It never actually installs the printer.

Thank you for any advice you can offer.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

The HP Printer Install Wizard has been discontinued some years back, where did you even manage to run it from?

Please use the HP Easy Start Utility for that purpose:

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

This utility gets stuck in the same loop. HP Error.PNG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.