Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

The document Print Document, owned by duffy, failed to print on printer HP Officejet J6400 series (2). Try to print the document again, or restart the print spooler.
Data type: NT EMF 1.008. Size of the spool file in bytes: 1572. Number of bytes printed: 0. Total number of pages in the document: 1. Number of pages printed: 0. Client computer: \\DESKTOP-T28EPHS. Win32 error code returned by the print processor: 2147500037. Unspecified error

This is the error message I am getting on the event viewer.

HP Recommended

The general fix seems to be to make I.E. your default browser, but that didn't work.

Are there general drivers I could try?

Help!

HP Recommended

I tried re-installing it again. I tried it wired using the USB ports (USB2 and USB3) and wirelessly, but I just can't get past this error. I played with printer settings and permissions, but nothing seems to help. 

As I said, my Android tablet can print anything to the printer wirelessly, no problem. So the printer works great. The Dell PC using Windows is having the problem.

If anyone else has anything to try, please post it. I am desperate. 

HP Recommended

I think it might be a issue with the HP drivers or installation routine. I read somewhere when you un-install the HP software, not everything is deleted. You must manually go in and do a cleanup. Then do a new install. I don't know if this is true or not. But I am going to try for about the 10th time completely un-install everything. Then I will look around and see if I have to delete anything. Then try the install again.

Unless someone has a better idea, that is my plan.

The HP doctor could not find anything. It says everything is working fine. But it is not.

Ideas most welcome... I will take good ideas and bad ideas... 

HP Recommended

Well, I am making a lot of dust, but not getting anywhere. 

Not sure what to try next.

I think I need the Geek Squad. Maybe I will call them.

I really don't understand why I am having so much trouble getting this HP printer working. Is this printer not really supported by Windows 10? Is the printer too old?

As you can probably tell,  I am not too happy right now.

HP Recommended

The Geek Squad is coming today. I hope they can fix the problem. Nobody else can. Why is HP software so complicated. Its just a printer.

HP Recommended

The Geek Squad did what nobody else could do. They fixed the problem. The printer works again.

The problem was a bad driver that the HP software would not remove. Even though I re-installed the HP software a thousand times, the HP software kept using the wrong driver. He manually deleted the bad drivers and re-installed the software. 

All is good again. 

Problem Solved.... Thanks to the Geek Squad.

HP Recommended

Hi @Print-Error,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Thanks for posting back on what you did to resolve the issue.

Have a nice day!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Hello there, I have the same problem. Can you be more specific about the solution? How they remove old drive? And where is driver stored? I did not find  anything. Thank you Print-Error

HP Recommended

I don't remember where they were stored. You will have to do some research on your own. But a bad driver is the problem. And that driver will not be corrected by just doing a un-install and re-install. It requires you to manually find the driver and delete it.

Of course formating the disk and re-installing you Operating System would do the trick also. And I was just about ready to do that.

Good luck,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.