Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I'm trying to install drivers for a Laser Jet Pro MFP M148fdw.

I'm running Mac OS Ventura 13.2.1 (there's no way to select that OS version on this forum's drop down).

The install goes fine, then we get to "Enable Wi-Fi Direct". Whether I select it or not (tried both), we come to the next screen:
"HP Product Improvement Study is a research program that allows HP to improve product to better meet customer needs.

I primarily use HP Products and services:

In the home

In a Business"

There's buttons to select each and drop down menus for how may employees etc. It doesn't matter what I select, a small box appears below which can only take one letter, not a number. Whatever letter is typed in there turns red and I cannot advance beyond this screen. 

Anybody have a fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I just got through on my end- start the application over. On the accept conditions page, it says " to learn more or change user settings, click here." Click here and unselect both boxes, go back to accept conditions page and continue. Problem solved! 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I have the same issue!  Did you find a fix?

HP Recommended

I just got through on my end- start the application over. On the accept conditions page, it says " to learn more or change user settings, click here." Click here and unselect both boxes, go back to accept conditions page and continue. Problem solved! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thank you! This solved the problem!

HP is not testing things before releasing them to the end user. This is a ***!

HP Recommended

Thank you so much!! That setup was painful! I was just about to start looking for a new printer 😅 

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the work around! I was finally able to get my printer installed. 

HP Recommended

Thank you!!!! Saved the day!

HP Recommended

Does anyone else find it ironic the thing breaking the install is HP Improvement Study hahah that's hilarious. What I find increasingly frustrating about things like this is it's a well documented problem, and yet probably dozens or more people working in the stupid department which makes this product not work is totally unaware of the issue. Maybe AI will be better at  reading their own forums and finding the solutions. If anyone figures out the number combination to get past the HP Improvement Study puzzle please share, I tried a few and phone number but nothing worked. Solution was listed above. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.