Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 6958 All-in-One Printer
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

HP OfficeJet 6950 Printer.  My iMac computer UPDATED the HP SMART App to version 13.9.2..............now I cannot access the ADVANCED SETTINGS portion of the App.   The previous version of the HP SMART App worked PERFECTLY..................How can I downgrade the HP SMART App to the previous version?  Or is there a "patch" or a "fix" available?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Monkey2022A,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand you are facing an issue with the HP Smart app for your HP OfficeJet 6958 Printer Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

To assist better:

• Have you tried performing any troubleshooting for this issue on your own?

While you respond to that, please go ahead and uninstall the HP Smart app from your MAC PC.

Steps to uninstall HP Smart and reinstall:

• Click Finder, and then click Applications. In the list of apps, click and drag the HP Smart app to the Trash at the end of the dock.
  • Go ahead and Update the software on Mac 
  • Restart PC
  • Once the PC is turned back and idle, download HP Smart 
  • Once installed, check if you are able to access the app.

Update the printer firmware 

• Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
  • Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The steps for the solution were followed EXACTLY three different times.  This version of HP Smart is USELESS.  The previous version of HP Smart worked perfectly fine with my iMac Computer and other Macs as well.  Then two weeks ago an UPDATED Version 13.9.2 was offered.  I installed it and now the NEW VERSION of HP Smart no longer allows me to access the Advanced Settings.  The PREVIOUS VERSION WORKED PERFECTLY FINE, I was able to access all of the Advanced Settings with no problems.  The NEW VERSION 13.9.2 is DEFECTIVE and DOES NOT WORK AS INTENDED.  I have been trying to FIX this problem for the past two weeks, ever since UPDATING HP Smart to Version 13.9.2.  I have used HP Printers on both Mac Computers as well as Windows PC's for well over 20 years.  This is the FIRST Problematic HP Software I have ever encountered.  It is very frustrating and annoying.  Is there a way to get the PREVIOUS VERSION of HP Smart for my Mac Computer?  That worked PERFECTLY and I had no problems with it at all.  If there is no solution to this problem, of ACCESSING the ADVANCED SETTINGS in the HP Smart App Version 13.9.2, then perhaps I need to take a serious look at a different brand of printer, such as the EPSON Eco Tank All In One Printer.  I know that the software for that printer works perfectly fine with the macOS 11.7 computers.  I am anxious to see if HP has a FIX or a PATCH or even the previous version of the HP Smart App available.

Even with a LONG 20 plus year history of using HP Printers on all of my Mac and PC's, I would not hesitate to abandon my HP OfficeJet 6950 Printer in favor of a different brand................Epson Printers work flawlessly with all Mac Operating Systems, including the macOS 11.7.  I need a printer and its respective software that works.  The HP Smart App 13.9.2 does not work well with mMac Computers.  I would hate to abandon HP Printers, but I need a printer that has SOFTWARE and DRIVERS that actually work and that is RELIABLE.  The previous version of HP Smart worked as intended and designed.  The HP Smart App 13.9.2 is GARBAGE and does not work as intended and designed.

Please let me know which way to go.  Can HP provide a version of the HP Smart App that works as it did BEFORE the upgrade to version 13.9.2...............or do I purchase an Epson Eco Tank All In One Printer and be done with HP Printers all together???  If there is a FIX or a PATCH or a downgraded version of the HP Smart App that works with Mac Computers, I am willing to try again.  But the past two weeks of trying to get the HP Smart App 13.9.2 to work have all resulted in FAILURES.  maybe it is time to give Epson a try, their printers and software work perfectly fine on all Mac Computers.  

PLEASE HELP.  I would hate to abandon HP Printers in favor of a different brand.

James Sylvia

Monkey2022A

jimsylvia@sbcglobal.net

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.