Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2720 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

I have an issue with my Hp Deskjet 2720. The problem is i have not track my printer's cartridge level via HP Smart App any more. I updated my printer firmware via its application, HP Smart.  At first, i mean, before firmware update it shows the cartridges level. Soon it doesn't show the level and it shows a message that is "Finish the setup to use HP Smart features". I found a solution that is similiar with my problem on HP Support Forum. I tried it to fix my problem.  The solution is reinstall HP Smart App after uninstall the application and i did so. But it doesn't work and i am still looking for a solution that it works for me. Additionally, my printers works well although i have this message from HP Smart App.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@AnatolianEagle 

Welcome to the HP Community.

The following might not work - or even impact your setup.

On the other hand, it is something to try.

Open HP Smart

If not done, sign into the application

Click on the "green check" Ready mark to open Printer Settings

OR

Click Printer Settings box

Click into Printer Status

If you see any message or anything that allows you to click "OK", do that. 

IF the "finish" message was tied to the message, that might kick free the main menu so the supply icons are again shown on the main menu / HP Smart Homepage

What should let you check the supply status regardless of what is going on the main menu...

Open HP Smart

Click Printer Settings box

Click into Supply Status > This, at least, should allow you to see the estimated elusive ink levels.

What else?

Still in Printer Settings

Click into Advanced Settings

This opens your Embedded Web Server (EWS) window to the printer

Here you can check the settings, including your supply status.

NOTE:  If the EWS Home Page does not display the Ink Levels, Click on Personalize to add that setting.

Details on the supply status: Tab Tools > scroll down > Supply Status

NOTE:  EWS provides access to many important configuration settings, including Tab Settings > Preferences > Tray and Paper Management

Example - HP Smart - Windows - Main Menu

HP_Smart_W10_Main_Menu_5HP_Smart_W10_Main_Menu_5

===================================================

HP Printer Support Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic Subtopic

HP DeskJet 2720 All-in-One Printer 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Any of  solution you suggested doesn't work for me. The message is still there. Anyway thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

@AnatolianEagle 

You are welcome.

The message would have to be tied to an action that could accept an "answer"...

OK - not sure.

If the message is something "stuck" on the printer display,

Try / Consider

HP Printers - Printer Turns Off Unexpectedly or Repeatedly

Step 2: Restart the printer

Step 3: Update the Firmware

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I think I couldn't explain myself or actually my problem.  Yes, there is a message on application home screen. And it asks me to finish the setup, but my printer has already set up. So there is no need to do so. I have just done what it ask me to do on screen instructions, but nothing changed. the message is still there. Additionally there is no problem/message with my printer or its display. 

Thanks...

HP Recommended

@AnatolianEagle 

Restarting the hardware is clearly not necessary if everything is working

True, Doing so might not clear whatever is causing the message about the setup.

You could try removing the cartridges - wait a few seconds > reseat the cartridges.

If I think of anything else, I'll post back.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.