Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 9025e
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Using HP Smart, I backup my 9025e printer settings.  Where is it located?  When restoring, the HP Smart app asks for a location, but I don't where to start.  It's not in Desktop, Documents, or Downloads folders.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

You are launching the EWS page via HP Smart, which is not  a browser and therefore cannot save the backup file.

From HP Smart double-click the printer and select Network Information.

Locate the IP Address through any browser such as , MS Edge, Google Chrome, FireFox and save a backup then, when pressing save your browser will prompt to save the backup file to your computer.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I appreciate the try, but you are on the wrong track.  Printing the contents of a webpage does not provide a backup file so that the printer settings can be restored.  The screenshot below is the starting point for answering my question.

HP Smart - Backup and Restore Page.JPG

HP Recommended

For some reason, the screenshot may not have been accepted.  Let me list navigation steps to back and retore:

1. Open HP Smart app.
  2. Click on Printer Settings.
  3. Click on Advanced Settings.
  4. Click on Tools.
  5. Click on Backup and Restore.
  6. Read Back Up Device Settings that state: "The Backup feature allows you to create a password-encrypted file that stores the printer's settings."
  7. Question: Having performed all the steps required, and saving the backup file, where does the backup file go?  It's not to be found in Desktop, Documents, or Downloads folders.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.