Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

We're having the same issue.  

Faulting application name: HP.Smart.exe, version: 129.1.234.0, time stamp: 0x60f9d671

Faulting module name: SharedLibrary.dll, version: 2.2.29512.0, time stamp: 0x5fad1a6e

Amazing that HP has this problem and hasn't addressed it.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@BigEHead

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did you make any changes to your printer? 
  • Are you able to print from other devices? 
  • Are you trying to print from an Android or Apple phone? 
  • What is the operating system?
  • What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Printing is not the problem. It's scanning. No changes.  Application is just crashing.

HP Recommended

@BigEHead

Thank you for posting.

1. Have you tried a different application? What is the name of the application?
  2. Are you trying to scan from an Android or Apple phone? What is the operating system?

Keep me posted.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am just scanning (not printing).  No I did not choose another application to scan.

NOT PRINTING.  ONLY SCANNING.

HP Recommended

@BigEHead

Thank you for posting back. 

Are you using HP smart app? 

Are you experiencing scanning issues while scanning from your Mobile phone or PC?

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Wow you guys aren't reading.

The title of the post is HP Smart CRASHING on Scan.  I'm using HP Smart on my Windows 10 PC.

HP Recommended

@BigEHead

Thank you so much for this information. 

Let's get this going, that said I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Firstly, let's update the printer's firmware, refer - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

If the issue persists, follow the next steps. Uninstall the app from your Windows 10 device through the All Apps list.

1. In Windows, search for and open Apps & features.
  2. Click HP Smart in the list of apps, and then click Uninstall.

And, install HP smart app from here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04675142

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've done this already.  Firmware is up to date, and I uninstalled/reinstalled the latest.  Same issue.

HP Recommended

@BigEHead

Thank you for posting back. 

Let's try these steps to resolve the issue: 

Root level uninstall and reinstall printer drivers

• Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

To reinstall, click here.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.