Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Smart
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I'm having trouble with the HP Smart printer app. I have a PC running Window 10. Basically the app recognizes our printer just fine but the moment you click any of the features (print, copy, scan, etc) the app redirects you to a sign in page, where you can either sign in or create an account. The problem with this is that whether you try to click either, it says "Loading HP Cloud services", "launching HP account", and then "thank you for waiting" and just takes me back to the home screen without having let me scan nor sign in. It's been in a loop for the past 4 hours, but we've never had this issue before. I've gone to Windows Apps & Features and tried repairing and resetting the app to no avail and I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled thrice. I called HP tech support twice and they hung up on me...twice. Granted, they tried to transfer me both times and basically the automated line would say that "most problems can be solved by visiting our website" and then it would just hang up on me. I am beyond frustrated. Note: I have no problem signing in on the HP Smart website and have no problem using the printer using other HP apps, but this was supposed to be a one stop go-to for everything my printer had to offer and now it just won't work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@tunginator, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Apologies for the inconvenience. This could be an issue with the HP server. If the server is down, you might experience these issues. We are working on it. Kindly try again after couple of hours.

Alternatively, you may use the full-featured driver to print and scan for the time being.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've had the same problem since 10/17/20. I have also deleted and reinstalled drivers and HP smart app. No luck. What is the"full featured driver"?

HP Recommended

Hi @kumar0307,

Like I said, I don't believe it's a server issue, as my Windows desktop doesn't have this issue. I believe it's an issue with my laptop's particular HP Smart app. Also, as others have asked, what driver are you speaking of? The default driver for the printer itself?

HP Recommended

@bpete51, @tunginator

If the HP Smart app is still not working, you may try reinstalling it and check if that helps.

The full-feature software can be downloaded from the HP Support site. What model printer are you using?

Enter your printer model number and download the printer driver.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hey...This issue has been going on for weeks now....Waiting a couple of hours is a lie. Kindly, let us know when we can use the HP Smart app again. 

HP Recommended

@rjm6

If the issue persists, please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region for further assistance. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

To the HP Engineers. Tunginator is the most accurate description of the issues with the HP Smart app.  This issue is on-going and you will get a lot of frustrated consumers. Are you guys still working on this? I am still waiting for a solution. 

HP Recommended

Done all that. Still no solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.