Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Officejet 6700
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP6700 (Windows 10 Home (64) -version 1909, OS Build 18363.778), wireless connection to router, Direct Connect is turned "off"

Background: Replaced a failed HP6700 with another never used still in the box HP6700.  Former worked fine with HPePrint.

Uninstalled old printer from Control Panel / Devices.  Connected new printer wireless to router (Direct Connect is off).

Now the new printer sets up but will not give me a printer claim code or email address.

HP Smart (101.1.728.0) and HP Print Doctor (both see the new printer.  The issues is they also see the old printer that are no longer installed.  Listed as "installed", "offline".  The "Forget Printer" in HP Smart does nothing.  

Where are these entries stored and how do permanently get ride of the entries? Could the fact that the old printer is still listed, be stopping the new printer from being used in HPePrint (build 12/10/2015, modified 04/24/20) on my new printer?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Jaycorn1 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the HP Smart & HP Print Doctor continues to list uninstalled HP6700.

The old printers will be present in the PC memory and in registry files that we cannot remove by just uninstalling the printers. to setup eprint, refer to this doc : https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03721293

on the HP smart : Open HP Smart and click the printer icon in the left pane (1), then click on Select a different printer.

From the top pane click on Recent (2), then click Remove (3).

Nearby the printer image click the X button to remove it and then press Done.

if tat does not help, reinstall the app.

Start -> Settings -> Apps -> Select HP Smart -> Advanced Options -> Reset . restart the PC .

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

The suggestion of going to Settings, App, Advance Options, Reset fixed the issue in HP Smart. And reinstall the app and found the new printer.

I still can not  Web Services to setup on via HP Smart or the printers touchscreen.  HP Smart wants the item code which does not print, nor does a line item show up on the printer touchscreen labelled Print or Print Info.  I can not get the email address to display either.  The printer goes though setup of Web Services and comes up with "Web Service (HPePrint and Apps) could not be enabled on this printer".

My old Officejet 6700, before it broke, worked fine with HPePrint.  The new one will not.   Is there a possibility of a lingering file or registry entry that is still linked to my old printer this is prohibiting the adding of web service onto the new printer?

The invalid printers still show up in HP Print Doctor.

HP Recommended

@Jaycorn1

I understand your concerns.

Please perform the Clean reinstallation of Pre-installed HP drivers

1.       In Windows, search for and open Programs and features   

2.       Select your HP Printer   

3.       Select Uninstall   

4.       In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers   

5.       In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’   

6.       Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.   

7.       Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)   

8.       Click on the “Drivers” tab   

9.       Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom   

10.   Select Ok   

11.   Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows   

12.   Close Devices and Printers, restart the computer. 

Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver.

Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Thank you Praveen.

I need some clarification on the steps you suggested before I proceed.

Step 1)  I am guessing this is the "Apps and Features" in W10 Settings?

Step 2)  Assuming Step 1 is where I am suppose to be, there is no HP Printer to Select (see photo)? Do I skip this step or am I in the wrong place?

Step 5)  I am to delete  my new printer HPC64A06?

Step 9)  I take it I remove everything that has Officejet 6700 (see photo)?

The other steps I find the items you suggest I look for.HPApps.jpg 

HP Recommended

@Jaycorn1

Thank you for the update.

You are in the right window.  You have to uninstall the HP 6700 driver.

Also, delete the hp printer listed under printers and scanners as shown in the image.

Then reinstall the complete software.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Praveen:

Tried the steps recommended.  I can not uninstall the old drivers.  Tried Settings > Apps & Features, Settings > Program Features  which both return an error message (see photo) indicating I am not  the administrator and will not uninstall.  I am the administrator (I checked) and the only user of this laptop.

I also tried to uninstall with WinStart+R regedit but here I can not find a recognizable HP registry  entry.  

Ran the link to the new drivers thinking it would delete or overlay the old drivers.  Added the new printer.  Still can not set up web services on either the printer directly or HP Smart.  Still can not get email address for the printers item code to enter it into HP-Smart.

Any other advice?  Thank you.Error Message on UninstallError Message on Uninstall

HP Recommended

@Jaycorn1

I understand your concern. 

In that case, I would suggest you contact our phone support and check for the support option, They will help you

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Can anyone tell me how to resolve this error message?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.