Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 7830 All-in-One Printer
iOS

Having issues for a while now trying to log into the HP Smart app on the iPad.

Had similar issues previously on the iPhone but that is now working but still not the iPad. This means I’m not able to scan, as I cannot use the App. It takes my user ID, but then when you move on, ready to enter the password, I get the screen below. Anyone know how to fix this ? Or is this something HP need to fix in the iPad App ?

4E6DBD2B-F561-4460-BC00-AC5FDE9AD03F.png

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Mikewest73, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

To assist you better, did you download this app from the App Store?

Kindly check for any updates for this app in App Store.

Also, check for any software updates on the iOS device

Click the Apple icon > About This Mac > Software Update and install any available update.

Are you able to print using the app?

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Its with an Apple iPad rather than a Mac.

The iPhone works fine.. just not the iPad.

I can print using AirPrint, I just cannot do anything via the HP Smart app, as I cannot log into the app. It requests my username, I enter that, then get this Bad Request the next screen.

Always keep the device up to date, so running the latest iOS and all the latest apps published on the Apple Store.

Used to have the same issue on the iPhone, but that seems to have solved itself with a recent either iOS update or app update, so has been solved for the iPhone, and at least I can now scan when needed via a mobile device, but the iPad would be easier with the bigger screen and keyboard.

HP Recommended

@Mikewest73

I understand. If you have tried reinstalling the HP Smart app on the iPad and the issue persists, 

• I've sent you a private message with further instructions to resolve this issue.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks !
This issue I’ve had a little while now, so had tried deleting the app and re-installing, but just tried again now, and still same issue. Noting that I previously had this issue on both iPhone and iPad, and the issue seems to have resolved itself on the iPhone so I can still use the mobile app on one of my devices. 

Will reach out to the support in New Zealand, and see what they say. Thanks ! 

HP Recommended

@Mikewest73

Sure, you may contact the regional HP Support for assistance if the issue persists as we have tried all the possible steps.

Keep me posted for any other assistance. 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.