Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 515 smart tank printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Installed HP smart on my desktop (windows 10 64 bit), Print Document function only showing PDF files, no word/excel docs can e see to print, I've installed latest drivers.  But HP Smart App on my iPhone can see PDF, word, excel files to print so something is wrong with the Desktop version

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Follow these steps to uninstall the HP Smart

1. Go to Windows Start  (press the Windows icon on the keyboard)

2. Scroll to HP > HP Smart

3. Right-click on HP Smart and then "Uninstall"

4. After that go to Microsoft Store again and install HP Smart.

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

Can you download and install the FULL featured printer software from HP for your operating system:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-smart-tank-510-wireless-all-in-one-series/164498...

Once you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software, you will be able to print in Word & Excel etc

This resource will be useful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7_Az2pstI8

Hope that helps.

HP Recommended

I followed the online steps, when I got to the "install HP smart" portion, it directed me to the Microsoft store, instead of a "downloading icon", I received a "launch" button which i believe means I already have the HP Smart software installed in my laptop which is the software that is causing the problem.  I tried going to my control panel; then "programs & features" to uninstall the original HP Smart software but it was not listed.  So the HP Smart software that is currently installed is still the old version and was not overwritten by the new download version, problem of only PDF files on still exists.......

HP Recommended

Hi,

Follow these steps to uninstall the HP Smart

1. Go to Windows Start  (press the Windows icon on the keyboard)

2. Scroll to HP > HP Smart

3. Right-click on HP Smart and then "Uninstall"

4. After that go to Microsoft Store again and install HP Smart.

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

OK, I managed to uninstall the HP Smart App per your instructions, went to reinstall HP Smart based on the link given, chose HP 515 Smart Tank All-in one software to download, directed me to Microsoft Store- HP Smart,  another window opened with "you own this app" and "install button", clicked on "install" and "starting download" appears, waiting a few hours with nothing downloaded

HP Recommended

Hi @BKKyep9999 

Have you tried to install the HP FULL software? (it's not HP Smart)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-smart-tank-510-wireless-all-in-one-series/164498...

The HP FULL software.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Yes, I used your original HP Full software link:

Once downloaded, I extracted the files, then launched Installer, brought me to Window "ready to download your printer software", continued "find my printer" which it did at IP address [personal info removed], continued  but i keep getting a "server connection lost" screen, so chose "skip to software download", brought me to "easy setup go to 123.hp.com window, clicked on "go online" button, which then asked for my HP product name (HP Smart Tank 515 Wireless All-in-One), which then brought me to install HP Smart screen.

Do you think the "server connection lost" is what is causing the problem of not reaching the full software download screen and instead is bringing to the HP Smart download screen.  How do I fix this server connection lost issue, as my wifi/internet is working, thank you

HP Recommended

Update, somehow the "server connection issue" resolved itself, but eventually I still get directly the the Microsoft store "install HP Smart" window.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Not sure why you're not able to get the download for HP FULL software.  Were you able to try another browser, Edge or Firefox?

Perhaps resetting Chrome may help? (clear cache, history, reset)

We're trying to get you to use the HP FULL software than to use HP Smart.  

Another suggestion would be to ask a friend to help download and then pass you the software through a USB thumbdrive?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Finally got the software to download, skipped the HP account register/login process which bypassed the Microsoft store which was where the hang up was.  Noticed this new Smart app that comes with this software has a separate HP Scan app whereas the original Smart app I downloaded contained both scan & print in same app.  Thank you for your assistance & patience.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.