Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Post moved from Re: HP Smart only shows Welcome page on Windows 11 - HP Support Community - 8340608  ---- to get better exposure in the community

hp envy 4520 series

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@mb584, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

I see that you are not able to use the HP Smart app on the Win PC.

Have you tried to reinstall the app from Microsoft Store and check if that helps?

For more info on the app, refer to - HP printer setup (HP Smart app)

Alternatively, click here to download the HP Full-feature driver.

Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My printer is now useless on my desktop I just wanted to install the drivers and software and use a usb connection. I can't even get it installed with the disk anymore.

HP Recommended

@mb584

Kindly check my previous post. I have included a link for you to download the printer driver. Kindly use that.

For assistance with USB setup, refer to - HP printer setup (USB cable)

Let me know how it goes.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried everything hp smart can't find printer either on wifi or usb I uninstalled and reinstalled the printer many times. The device page says the printer is idle even after I set it to default.

HP Recommended

@mb584

In that case, use the full-feature printer driver instead of the HP Smart app as I have mentioned in my post. I have also given the link to download this driver.

Try this and let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

nothing works I have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times it wants to install easy start to complete the installation but then it says my browser isn't supported (microsoft edge). When I go to printers it says idle. This should be a simple install HP desktop and HP printer  . there must have been an update somewhere that made this happen.

HP Recommended

Finally got the printer to default only problem is now it wants to save instead of print Any way to change this?

HP Recommended

@mb584

Are you using the HP Smart app to print now?

Run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix any driver issue

Click here to download the file. Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and click on 'Fix printing'.

​​​​​​​If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.

Go to Control panel > Device manager > Right-click on the printer and make it the default print

Try printing.

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have an HP slim S01-pf1025se with 2 drives. I tried to delete the files on the 'c' drive it seemed like I lost mostly everything. All that was left on my desktop was the recycle bin. I did a windows update and my computer works fine and now I can use the printer. I guess I just got fed up trying to fix it and I'm not sure what else this effected but I am still using the machine. I would never recommend a computer with 2 drives to anyone. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.