Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Thanks to @William_Redingt  for the excellent post above.

Been using an old Photosmart C4380 printer for years scanning household documents as searchable PDFs.using HP Solution center software. I.R.I.S OCR software was also included with the printer I think. 

Have tried the various replacement scanning programs suggested but none of them seem to have the 'scan as searchable PDF' option available.

Has anyone encountered this issue with searchable pdf scanning since the flash timebomb?

Thanks and regards.

HP Recommended

I too have tried various scanning programs but none of them will operate through the stacker, they just scan one page and then complete.. Oi can select scan to searchable PDF using my printer controls but, again, I am limited to just one page and I cannot specify a file name.

The ideas provided about hex I have have found do not work as my system does not recognise the hex chain and, as for compatibility mode, you are getting way beyond my sphere of knowledge which is why HP should not put ordinary users in such a position in the first place.

Thanks for the input and suggestions, chaps; more than we have had from HP.

HP Recommended

Hi Lunnon,

If you have not already seen this:

One possible solution may be the following, but it will only work if all traces of Flash are removed from your computer first (using e.g. the Adobe Flash removal file below).

However, This will only work if your installation files includes a default Flash player. Some HP Devices do included a Flash application. (not player) which gets installed if no Flash is detected. This is sufficient for running the Solution Centre. This file called  FlashPla.exe In my computer this is located in C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\Help\player

Close all web browsers and any other programs before running the Flash removal program.

1. Download and run the Adobe Flash Uninstaller direct from Adobe here (instructions provided on this page how to fully remove Adobe Flash Player) - https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html#main_Download_the_Adobe_...
  2. Restart your computer
  3. This may not be necessary:
    Uninstall adobe flash embedded in Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. To determine this, go to system update history and look through your updates to see what version you have. Then go to the link to down the uninstaller for your version) -http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/search.aspx?q=4577586  Download the uninstaller and it will uninstall adobe flash.
  4. Restart your computer
  5. Uninstall HP solution Center, make sure your printer/Scanner etc. is turned off and not connected to computer
  6. Restart Computer
  7. Reinstall HP solution Center, and follow the installation messages. Note the installation should now also install an older default version of Flash (but not flash player).
  8. Open your HP software to check whether it now works.
  9. Create a restore point in case of future issues or accidental update.

Another solution is to install an older version of the flash player e.g. Flash version 10.1 which you should be able to obtain from the web if you google it. That is what I did and everything works. In Windows 10. You may need to right click on the installation file and say "Compatibility mode Windows 7".

Good luck

Chris

HP Recommended

Just to say the runatdate solution posted by @William_Redingt  has worked fine for me and I will be running this until I purchase a new printer or the method is no longer valid for some reason.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, when I click on HP Solution Center I get a blank white page with a "fi" in the middle. I can't scan, print or anything like before.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the input, Chris. Sadly, every time I try to download a 10.1 version of Flash from any supplier, it takes me to a screen which says the following:-

Adobe Flash Player EOL General Information Page

Since Adobe no longer supports Flash Player after December 31, 2020 and blocked Flash content from running in Flash Player beginning January 12, 2021, Adobe strongly recommends all users immediately uninstall Flash Player to help protect their systems.  

So, that avenue is a nonstarter. I shall try your suggestion but, having spent a solid two days on this now in terms of lapse time, this will be the last attempt.

Thank for your suggestion. So sad that HP still haven't bothered to help, they really are useless.

HP Recommended

Further to your note, Chris, I tried Step 1 but my system couldn't find anything.

Then I tried Step 3 and came up with masses of security upgrades for Adobe Flash but no original version, so, having spent two more hours on this, I give up as I am no technician and this is a slog for me.

I come back to the fact that HP supply a set of software to make their printers stack and scan but, when a linked piece of software gets dropped, they don't bother to respond and fix it, so I have two printers on which I cannot scan at all now, as 6310 and a 6500, and just one where I can do single pages, a 8620.

I was going to buy a new HP laptop but certainly won't be bothering with that and I need to find a printer from a reliable manufacturer where I can scan as this is now an essential tool.

Thank you again for your help.

Lunnon

HP Recommended

HP c5250  fi screen pops up when click Hp Solution center

HP Recommended

I don't appear to be able to see the solution  just some irrelevent answers

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.