Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart B110
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since the recent Windows 10 upgrade HP Solution Centre no longer works.  After the initial welcome screen it states, "HP Solution Centre cannot run because your device installation is not complete"

Following advice on previous threads and the support centre, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer software several times.  I'v also made sure Adobe Reader DC is up to date.

Printing and scanning are fine from other programs.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Can you try this Uninstaller from Microsoft and then reinstall the FULL feature software again?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed...

Download the FULL feature software here.

Let us know if that works!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Can you try this Uninstaller from Microsoft and then reinstall the FULL feature software again?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed...

Download the FULL feature software here.

Let us know if that works!

HP Recommended

Thanks, that did solve the issue.

Just in case this might be a help to others ...

When I ran the Microsoft troubleshooter I wasn't sure whether to choose "uninstalling" or "installing" as the problem area.  I chose "uninstalling".

The printer software was not listed by the name I expected (e.g. something like "HP Photosmart Wireless B110 ...") but "B110" was listed.  I chose that and ran the program.

After that I uninstalled "HP Photosmart Wireless B110 ..." from the Programs and Features Control Panel, rebooted, checked for Windows Updates, and the reinstalled the full software version using HP Print and Scan Doctor via HP SUpport Assistant.

And now, everything seems to be OK ... 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi @Mike1050,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Thanks for sharing!

Have a nice day!

HP Recommended

Well, sadly, it didn't work for me.

When I clicked on the link to re-download the solution centre I got this:

An Unexpected Error has occurred.
  • Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 14F479E5.

So now I haven't even got the poorly installed support centre. Also, no way of scanning using my B110

HP Recommended

UPDATE:

In a different post in this forum, I found the suggestion to download HP Scan Extended. It is here:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/scanners/HPScanExt/HPScanExt.msi

Or you can read the whole thread (ooooh!) here

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanning-Faxing-and-Copying/HP-Scan-and-Capture-will-not-launch-in-Win...

Anyway, it worked on my computer - maybe it will on yours...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.