Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hey Xenathecat, to access the Mac Library you have to click on Go on the Finder menu (on the Menu bar at the top of the screen) and click Alt to see Library in the list of folders.

HP Recommended

"I went to setting/printers and did 'Reset printing system', then opened /Library/Printers and removed hp folder and all 'HP...' files in PPDs folder.

Then I clicked on + in settings/printers and selected my HP OfficeJet J4660 printer. Drivers were downloaded and installed by system."

This worked for me!  Thank you so much.

HP Recommended

I figured out the real solution! Apple has an old version of the drivers from HP, don’t use that.

So what must be done instead is find the current drivers from HP instead. There is no easy search on the HP website for the printer driver download. Instead you have to download the HP Easy Start app and have that install the latest drivers for you instead. Once I did that I had no problems either printing or scanning.

HP Recommended

The matter has been resolved. HP updated all of their drivers. 

HP Recommended

How can we get HP to correct the issue with MACOS 10.15.7 and their printers????  Please help.  I have HP ENVY PHOTO 6255 PRINTER.

HP Recommended

“PDE.plugin” will damage your computer. 

The message above s what I receive when I try and print from my mac. Please help

HP Recommended

Open Easy Start. If you don't have it, download it from the HP website. Once open, click on the words "Easy Start" in the top left hand corner and from the drop-down menu choose "Uninstall HP Software". Go through the uninstall process. Empty trash. Restart. Re-download the software/drivers for your specific printer from the HP website. Restart. Your printer should work fine now.

HP Recommended

Extremely annoying with repeated pop-ups indicating HP printer device software is 'malware' ... please post fix ASAP.

HP Recommended

Hi, I went to Easy Start but there weren't any drivers for my HP LaserJet 1320 printer.  Printer still won't function. My mac says it is malware. Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

Yep, HP fixed it!  WooHoo!

Here's what worked for me (HP Photosmart Plus B209a-m over WiFi) ...

- Turn off the printer

- In 'System Preference > Printers & Scanners'

- delete the HP printer that's not working (or, as in my case, the generic printer you set up as a workaround)

- Turn the printer on and wait for a bit

- Click '+' to launch the 'Add Printer' dialog

- In the Add Printer dialog

- Select your printer (in my case the Name is 'Photosmart Plus B209a-m [DC9FE0]' and the Kind is 'Bonjour Multifunction')

- Click 'Add' and, in subsequent popups, allow the downloading of the new drivers.

- Bob's yer uncle!  (good ol' Uncle Bob!)  My printer and scanner are back to normal operation ... WooHoo!!  Thanks HP!!

Cheers,

Steve

P.S.  I really mean it, thanks so much HP!  This is very appreciated, will not be forgotten, and will be communicated to friends and colleagues.  And they'll tell two friends ... and so on ... and so on ...  🙂   

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.