Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
M127fn
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Volunteering for a non-profit. The organization just obtained an HP M127fn. Director was receiving error messages when trying to install full download software package. I came along and tried twice to do so, but received an error message that it was "taking too long" and was going to abort the procedure. It suggested rebooting computer, turning off firewall, and trying again---same problem.  So, I installed HP Ai0 Remote app from Win 10 Store, and it installed fine.  The only tasks that the non-profit really needs (and they need to do them everyday!) is to print, and then scan documents in, save them, and attach them to e-mails. With the HP Win 10 app, both of these tasks seem to work fine.

Does anyone know enough about both the HP Win 10 app and the full download package, to tell me what functions they'll not have if they simply just keep using the app?  If there's something major that's needed with the full package, I'll try and find time that I'm allowed to be at the computer (It's a secure environment, so I can't just 'park myself' there) and try and find some specific areas to post questions on this thread for assistance. But if the HP Win 10 app will allow them to print and scan documents with out a problem, I'll just leave it at that!

Thanks for any comments.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP forum.

The FULL feature software does have some additional utilities.  Have you tried downloading software first before installing? i.e. not installing from the web

For the HP AiO Remote, if it's meeting all your needs, then just use it.  

As the saying goes "If it ain't broken, dun touch it".

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP forum.

The FULL feature software does have some additional utilities.  Have you tried downloading software first before installing? i.e. not installing from the web

For the HP AiO Remote, if it's meeting all your needs, then just use it.  

As the saying goes "If it ain't broken, dun touch it".

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

I didn't try downloading first, just tried from the web, both thru HP Assistant and HP Support site.  I think I'll try to burn a full software copy to a DVD, at home on my pc. Then, tell the director that if they're happy with what they have, OK; if not, I'll remove everything and try a fresh load from media.

Thanks for the comment!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.