Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet P1102
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I get a call from one of my clients about the issue with his printer which recently stop responding. He told me that it happened after one of the windows updates.

Went to my client and use all of my knowledge that I have as an IT expert. This printer is recognized by Windows but cannot finish the installation (Setup pack from HP website) because it says it isn't connected and HP Smart even not found it. I even tried to disconnect the USB and while installing it ask to connect the printer and when connected it the setup went further. It means that there is some kind of connection between the computer and printer.

Then I connect it to my laptop with Windows 11 and I had no problems to install it. So I decided to reinstall clients laptop with Win10, but againI couldn't install this printer on it. Finally I took this printer to my office and tried to install it on another Win10 computer without any luck.

So I'm absolutely sure that printer is fine if it works with Win11 and also USB cable is OK and both computers are OK, too because I can install HP Laserjet CP1025 on both of mentioned computers. Any idea how to solve this problem?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The same ... on the old Windows Xp notebook it works flawlessly. Here the **bleep** windows 10 22H2 died. I am very upset with both companies. I bought a new notebook because of this, but it doesn't work either. windows 10 pro 21H2. Spend your income on medicine.

HP Recommended

sorry a windows 10 pro on run. Windows automatic download microsoft store - hp smart - 

HP Recommended

C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe A függvény címe 0x0000000180064AFC védelmi hibát okozott. (kivételkód: 0xc0000005) Az adatlapok közül néhányat, illetve egyet sem lehet megjeleníteni.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.