Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8715
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP OfficeJet Pro 8715 Printer stopped working. Software re-installation failed .  Have  previous installation software HP OfficeJet 6700 that won't uninstall.  Have tried previous suggestions none worked.

BieberBoy
17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hi @BieberBoy,

I'd like to help!

Let's try and uninstall the printer software from the root level on your PC and install the full feature printer software.

--->In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.

--->Select your HP printer.

--->Select Uninstall.

--->In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.

--->In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”

--->Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.

--->Type printui.exe /s and click OK.

--->Click on the Drivers tab.

--->Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click remove at the bottom.

--->Select OK.

--->Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.

--->Close Devices and Printers.

And then reinstall the printer full-featured drivers from software and drivers page 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Did not work.

Could not install.  Call to DriverPackageUnstall returned error 1627 for package C:\ProgramFiles\HP\HP OfficeJet Pro 8710\DriverStore\Yeti_V4.inf.

Is it possible i need to intall and then remove HP OfficeJet 6700 software?  Parts of it keep showing up  after deletion.  

BieberBoy
HP Recommended

Create a new user account and then try and install the printer:-

1. Tap the Windows icon.

2. Select Settings.

3. Tap Accounts.

4. Select Family & other users.

5. Tap "Add someone else to this PC."

6. Select "I don't have this person's sign-in information."

7. Select "Add a user without a Microsoft account."

8. Enter a username, type the account's password twice, enter a clue and select Next.

9. Tap the Windows icon.

10. Select the User icon at the upper left corner of the Start menu.

11. Select the new user. You'll then sign into your account with your password from step 8.

Let me know how this goes!

HP Recommended

Followed your instructions.  Created a new user account as you said.  Then logged in as this user.  You didn't say what to do next, assumed try to download HP OfficeJet 8710 drivers.  Wouldn't install, same error messages as before.

Urgently need to get printer connected again.  HP OJ 6700 still showing up in app list.  Haven't had it on this computer for couple of years.  The HP OJ 8710 was functioning fine, and then stopped.  Update problems?

BieberBoy
HP Recommended

After update I could net print from my estimating software. I also can not scan anything to the computer. uninstalled and try to re install on hp smart. All it does is load HP smart and tells me printer status unknown and not let me do anything else. I.e install program. When i go to my devices it is not in there anymore either, 

HP Recommended

Just received message to this thread re: similar but different problem by other user.    Base problem:  HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 stopped working.  Computer is Dell XPS 8700, Windows 10 version 1909. Update (KB4569751) (6) failed to install.  A remnant of HP OJ 6700 showed up in my apps.  Could not uninstall it.  Did uninstall HP OJ Pro 8710.   Then reinstall would not install.  Error 1627 keeps showing up.  Have tried several solutions suggested by community, none have worked including removing items from registry.  Am totally stuck.  Does this mean help is not available from community?

BieberBoy
HP Recommended

Install all the available Windows updates

If it is been a while since you updated your Windows, that is the main reason why Windows says your HP printer driver is unavailable. Here are the steps on how to do a Windows Update to install all accessible operating system update.

If you are accessing Windows 10, then these steps are for you.

1. Hit the Start menu and write an update. After that, click on the “Check for updates” option.
  2. Tap on the “Check for updates” option.
  3. After clicking on that option, Windows will install the updates automatically.
  4. When Windows completes all its updates, start your computer again and attempt to print a file to check if your printer works.

and then try and remove the Officejet 6700

HP Recommended

Hi @jenkies1986,

May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

My printer is a  HP officejet pro 8715

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.