Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pagewide PRO MFP 477 dw
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

Printer works fine with one MAC computer but with the other MAC computer, on the same network, many apps print garbage .  Basically the print job is formatted correctly but each individual character is replaced by a "?" inside a box.  I have tried reloading Microsoft Office and Mac OS but the problem seems to be with how the second computer and the HP printer communicate.  Very frustrating, any suggestions welcome.  None of the fixes suggested by HP so far work, such as deleting and then re-adding the printer in "air-print"

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Mine started when a firmware update occurred on 8.2.21

HP Recommended

Same problem, it's the last firmware, some users solved with a downgrade, please hp can you provide the previous firmware to solve the problem?

HP Recommended

I have found that a work around is to change the font .  Helvetica seems to work for me but not aerial!

HP Recommended

Got Widepro 477MFP to print word using IP Address fix but none of the other functions work like scanning

HP Recommended

Same problem... Since a month. I do not know how to solve that.

HP Recommended

Have tou find a solution?

HP Recommended

I want to toss my HP widpro  but the local dumb will not take hazardous waste- seems like they have too many HP Printers dumped there.  It would be nice for HP to fix this?

HP Recommended

I reached HP tech support and they have a work around. They are blaming an MacOS upgrade.  Go to printers and remove the printer. Then add it in a different way. Click on global icon. Add printer by IP address. It works. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.