Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP solution center will not work without adobe flash player. I uninstalled adobe flash player since it is at its end of life 1/12/21. Now when I open HP solution center it says adobe flash player is required, but since it's no longer available now what?

I uninstalled and reinstalled HP solution center, same problem.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I think the onus is on HP to fix this issue, but I got nowhere on their support center. When I finally reached a live person, he suggested that I buy a new machine! THAT IS NOT HELPFUL!

A discussion thread suggests a workaround would be to find and run the HPScan.exe file in C:\Program Files (x86)\, but I found no such file.

Suddenly, a machine and program that I rely on daily is out of service because somebody didn't anticipate a foreseeable problem. This is unacceptable!

Please help.

HP Recommended

Yes, I have (5), count them, FIVE!! Officejet L7680 All-In-One printers, REFILLABLE INK cartridges, (4) GALLONS of INK!....And I should "But a New Printer"??

I'm with You.

The Onus is on HP

P.S. Here's THEIR solution...(use embedded Windows scanner OR "HP Scan and Capture" App which only allows jpeg pictures and pdf documents)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02463264

P.P.S. The "HP Scan and Capture" does what I need it to do, Might as well uninstall "Solution Center"

HP Recommended

I agree. For now, HP Scan and Capture is a decent workaround. But it lacks many of the features of HP Solution Center (including their ink sales provisions), so I hope they will fix it and make it available again soon. I didn't uninstall it, but I replace the desktop icon with HP Scan and Capture. Let's hope HP pushes an upgrade soon that restores HP Solution Center. 

HP Recommended

I just passed by a screen in Menards with the same FlashPlayer (inoperable) symbol.

I'm afraid unless they re-write the whole Solution Center we're not going to see one.

Having literal gallons of ink on hand, I never used their ink sales. 

Fortunately with the advent of email and digital signatures, I don't fax anymore.

The Built-in "Windows" Scan feature only offers BMP, JPG, PNG, and GIF.

To scan PDF I need to use Foxit PhantomPDF.

The minimum required software to install are three:

1. HP Officejet driver

2. HP Imaging Device Function

3. OCR Software

HP Recommended

Use the scan button on the scanner. It launches scan utility bypassing HP Solution Center.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.