Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

The same here. In the hope HP has found a solution we tested the new Version 10.4.SR5 Build 105723. But all our "m" - Enterprise Devices show "no communication". This is the behaviour since version  10.4 SR4 Build 104106.

Regarding that the majority of affected users are professionals using many of those Enterprise Printers this is very sad. We continue to use Version with Build Number 103287 with no problems. Unfortunately we do not have the setup-file for this Version anymore. So if anything goes wrong we only can hope our backup works!

Please HP fix this bug.

HP Recommended

Maybe its a problem that the threat is marked with "soluted" even this is not a real solution for the future.

HP Recommended

Hi all,

we also stuck with the same issue. In my case, all our M401dn-devices did not work. If anyone here can submit a link to the working WJA-Version - That would be great.

HP Recommended

Can anyone upload the version of HP Web Jetadmin 10.4 SR3 64 bit SW build 10.4.103287, please?

HP Recommended

Solution 1 (recommended)

1. Uninstall WJA
  2. Install HP_Web_Jetadmin_10.4SR3_64_bit_SW_build_10.4.103287_J6052-10579_signed

Solution 2 (not for long time fix)

1. Uninstall WJA
  2. Install HPWSProxyService:
    1. Download HP_Web_Jetadmin_Proxy_Agents_SW_J6052-10587 (or latest version) from HP Support Site
    2. Execute/Extract
    3. Install HPWSProxyService
  3. Install HP_Web_Jetadmin_10.4_SR6_with_FP11_64_bit_SW_J6052-10590 (or latest version) from HP Support Site

The order is mandatory.

HP Recommended

Thanks Federer in the name of the other users here searching this older Version. We still use this version since upcoming of the Problem. We have testet some newer Version but must go back to this every time. But is this really the solution to use a pre, pre , pre Version????

Is there anyone from HP who knows something about this issue and how we can get rid of it ??

HP Recommended

I recently discovered that when I disabled WS-Discovery on a M402 that the JetAdmin software had Device communication error. I re-enabled it on several printers and everything started to communicate correctly again.

HP Recommended

I recently discovered that when I disable WS-Discovery on a M402 that the JetAdmin 10.4.106526 software reported Device communication error. I re-enabled WS_discovery on several printers and everything started to communicate correctly again.

HP Recommended

Hmmm, all our "M"-Enterprise Printers have already WS-Discovery enabled before i run the upgrade to Version 10.4.106526.

Could there be a difference if you Switch WS-Discovery off and then then on again for one time??? Anyone who can confirm this? At the moment i cant´t test it myself.

HP Recommended

To HP-Community admin:

Please delete the "solved" message in this threat. It is not really solved if we use a pre-pre-pre version that works. It should be only a short time workaraound to use the old Version.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.