Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I got a new router and while setting it up, gave it a diffent name than I had before. Now I cannot get my HP 4110e to connect to the wifi. And since I no longer have an ethernet cable, I need to connect to wifi. Any help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @1TinSoldier,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like your HP 4110e printer is having trouble connecting to your new Wi-Fi network. Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue.

• Restart the Printer: Sometimes a simple restart can fix connectivity issues. Turn off your printer, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
  • Check Wi-Fi Settings on the Printer: Make sure the printer is set to connect to the correct Wi-Fi network. Most printers have a display panel where you can navigate through settings. Look for the Wi-Fi setup or network settings option and ensure the printer is configured to connect to your new router's network.
  • Reset Network Settings on the Printer: If the printer was previously connected to a different network, it might be holding onto those settings. Look for a reset option in the printer's network settings menu. Resetting the network settings will clear any previous Wi-Fi configurations, allowing you to set it up again from scratch.
  • Use WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup): If your router supports WPS, you can try connecting your printer using this method. Press the WPS button on your router, then navigate to the Wi-Fi settings on your printer and select the WPS option. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
  • Manual Wi-Fi Setup: If all else fails, you may need to manually enter your new Wi-Fi network's SSID (network name) and password into the printer's settings. This process varies depending on the printer model, so consult your printer's manual for detailed instructions.
  • Update Printer Firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer. Sometimes, outdated firmware can cause compatibility issues with new routers. You can usually update the firmware through the printer's settings menu or by visiting the HP website.

Hopefully, one of these steps will help you get your HP 4110e printer connected to your new Wi-Fi network!

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @1TinSoldier,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like your HP 4110e printer is having trouble connecting to your new Wi-Fi network. Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue.

• Restart the Printer: Sometimes a simple restart can fix connectivity issues. Turn off your printer, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
  • Check Wi-Fi Settings on the Printer: Make sure the printer is set to connect to the correct Wi-Fi network. Most printers have a display panel where you can navigate through settings. Look for the Wi-Fi setup or network settings option and ensure the printer is configured to connect to your new router's network.
  • Reset Network Settings on the Printer: If the printer was previously connected to a different network, it might be holding onto those settings. Look for a reset option in the printer's network settings menu. Resetting the network settings will clear any previous Wi-Fi configurations, allowing you to set it up again from scratch.
  • Use WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup): If your router supports WPS, you can try connecting your printer using this method. Press the WPS button on your router, then navigate to the Wi-Fi settings on your printer and select the WPS option. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
  • Manual Wi-Fi Setup: If all else fails, you may need to manually enter your new Wi-Fi network's SSID (network name) and password into the printer's settings. This process varies depending on the printer model, so consult your printer's manual for detailed instructions.
  • Update Printer Firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer. Sometimes, outdated firmware can cause compatibility issues with new routers. You can usually update the firmware through the printer's settings menu or by visiting the HP website.

Hopefully, one of these steps will help you get your HP 4110e printer connected to your new Wi-Fi network!

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.