Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Photosmart c4750
Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard and older

No matter what driver I've been looking for (two different machines so far), I see the complete package: software and driver. Always accompanied by this mesage:

Description:

This download includes the HP Photosmart Software Suite and Driver. If you only want the print driver (without the Photosmart Software Suite), it is available as a separate download named "HP Photosmart Basic Driver".

But NOT ONE page tells me WHERE to find the driver only!! Searches for "HP Photosmart Basic Driver" are useless. Why is this not clear??

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Jak25

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand you want the driver without the software,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you know the applications included are needed for the printer to function correctly and/or to utilize all it's capabilities?

While you respond to that, I must let you know that there are no driver only options offered by HP as the applications sent along as mentioned above are necessary for the printer to function to it's optimum requirement.

Click here to download the software.

This download includes the HP Photosmart Software Suite and Driver. If you only want the print driver (without the Photosmart Software Suite), it is available as a separate download named "HP Photosmart Basic Driver".

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Am I misunderstanding something? All you're doing is telling me via auto-reply that I have to get the full software, while still saying the driver is available by itself! This is screwy!
HP Recommended
This is for an old Mac OS, but it doesn't matter because I've seen that same message ("If you only want the print driver...") on other driver pages for our PC's printer. It's very baffling.
HP Recommended

@Jak25

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

I'm not sure how that seemed like an auto-reply, that said, I have clearly mentioned that there's no such option to download the driver alone, hence the link to download the driver+software to enjoy all the capabilities of the printer.

I'm afraid there's just nothing else to it and we are at the end of the line.

I wish I had a magic wand to help you out, however, there isn't.

Let me know how that pans out

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon,

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' as it would help the community gain more knowledge,

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.