Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

This isn't really the right board for this question. But NONE of the listed boards seems appropriate. So I'll ask my question here.

I've got 4 devices showing up in my HP Support Assistant. 2 are obsolete - replaced. But I can't find how to get rid of them in my HP Support Assistant list. Is it going to think I still have them forever? HOw do I delete Items I no longer own?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @reavesb 

Welcome to HP Support Community. 

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you. 

(a) Open HPSA,

(b) Select device you want to delete to open it,

(c) On the top menu,  it has a button on top right with a pencil in the icon.

(d) Clicking on it to brings up a window "Edit device information."

(e) In the bottom center it says "Remove this device." Click it.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Treeko

HP Support

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello reavesb

Open the Windows configuration ring, open peripherals and printers, right-click on the peripherals to be deleted, ''Delete''. restart the computer.

• Click on yes button to say thanks
  • Click on the button Accepted Solution if the question is answered
  • Please contact me to inform me of the resullt

Best regards,

Bernard42.
HP Recommended

Not sure what the "Windows configuration ring" is or where to find it. But I did succeed in removing the old printer.
From within HP Support Assistant, I clicked on my name in the upper right corner, and within the dropdown I clicked on profile. Within profile, under :your device overview: I clicked on the circled x beside the old printer, and within the Remove Device window that popped open I selected "I want to remove this device from my profile" and clicked on Remove. Done!

HP Recommended

Hi @reavesb 

Welcome to HP Support Community. 

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you. 

(a) Open HPSA,

(b) Select device you want to delete to open it,

(c) On the top menu,  it has a button on top right with a pencil in the icon.

(d) Clicking on it to brings up a window "Edit device information."

(e) In the bottom center it says "Remove this device." Click it.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Treeko

HP Support

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Reavesb - Many thanks.

Your solution, written in simple easy-to-understand and step-by -step English, worked perfectly.

Why do HP  bury it in the last place we would think to look for it?

I too haven't a clue what a "Windows configuration ring" is. And my HP Support Assistant listed a devices which was not even a printer, or made by HP.

I think that HP never try out their websites, or "Help" articles, on ordinary members of the public, or on their grandparents - just on their IT Professioinal mates.

How about this for meaningless HP gibberish, from clicking the "Was this reply helpful" button for your answer: -

"Authentication Failed.

• Authentication Ticket Mismatched, failed authentication."

Do HP really think it tells me anything, or helps one bit?

HP Recommended

Hello @reavesb,

Here is the Windows control panel, it is in the ''Start'' menu of Windows 11 version 21H2(with Classic Start software installed) .

Panneau de configuration Bernard42.jpg

Menu démarrer Panneau de configuration  2.jpg

And the Windows 11 version 21H2 start menu and the Control Panel line (white arrow).(with Classic Start software installed) .

Below start menu of Windows 11 Version 21H2. Control Panel (White arrow).

MENU DEMARRER LIGNE PANNEAU DE CONFIGURATION AVEC WINDOWS 11 VERSION 21H2.jpg

-Below: All printers :

TOUTES LES IMPRIMANTES.jpg

- Thank you for your understanding.

• Click on yes button to say thanks
  • Click on the button Accepted Solution if the question is answered
  • Please contact me to inform me of the resullt

Best regards,

Bernard42.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.