Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Smart Tank 5102 All-in-One Printer

I live in a RURAL AREA and internet service is intermittent. 

Is there still a FULL SERVICE application that lets me use the Smart Tank 5100 without internet service?

The first answer did get offline Scanner software but the link to the OFFLINE Printer software actually seems to install the original Software that requires an HP account and an internet connection.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ok.. 

I have solved 4/5ths of my problems.

5/28/23 15;22 CST. My final update unless it decides to quit again.

In the interest of helping someone else, to get the software below, I deleted and uninstalled all the stuff I had tried and simple plugged the printer in with a USB cord while the computer was off.

Powered up the computer and let MS do it's thing. I have no idea what HP site it got the software from.

It will print either VIA USB or NETWORK From the Win 7 Ultimate but it has loaded Scanner software that doesn't work.

Texashuman_0-1685312658480.png

Since I can share images between the Win 11 Pro and the Win 7 Ultimate, being able to print from the Win 7 is more useful than scanning.

On the Win 11 Pro, scanning and printing using the Windows Fax and Scan Application seems like my best bet.

===========================================================

Went into the Embedded Web Server and ENABLED WIFI DIRECT.

On my Lenovo Think Center BTBTS07B00  with Win 11 Pro I can now scan and maybe do some editing of pictures and document using the Scanner software I downloaded from HP and I can print via WIFI Direct using the printer.

On my Acer Vero ChromeBookI enabled WIFI direct and there was a preinstalled SCANNER App that found the 5100 and I can scan and again have some basic editing. Then I went to the Google APP STORE and downloaded the HP Print Plugin and installed it having to be VERY careful to avoid also getting the HP SMART App that requires a an ONLINE account and Internet service.

I also have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 and a Galaxy A13 That I can use the HP PRINT PLUGIN to print with via WIFI Direct. I can probably find a SCANNER app for them as well but not worried about that right now.

What I cannot seem to do is scan or print from my Win 7 Ultimate machine and that is a real bummer since it has all my really good picture editing software on it. 

But Win 7 Ultimate came through again since it has the Windows Fax & Scanner software and it will scan.

Now refuses to even scan. Wonder if the printer phoned home and told HP it was connected to a Win 7 Machine and HP cut it off??

Get this when I try to download the FULL FEATURE Scanner and that and the Basic Scanner are is the only thing the HP support page shows as being available for win 7. 

Needless to say I didn't download.

Texashuman_0-1685239987979.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

on the support.hp.com page for this printer there is an offline driver package listed. You will still need to find a way to download it but it should solve your problem.

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-smart-tank-5100-all-in-one-printer-series/210099...

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Ok.. 

I have solved 4/5ths of my problems.

5/28/23 15;22 CST. My final update unless it decides to quit again.

In the interest of helping someone else, to get the software below, I deleted and uninstalled all the stuff I had tried and simple plugged the printer in with a USB cord while the computer was off.

Powered up the computer and let MS do it's thing. I have no idea what HP site it got the software from.

It will print either VIA USB or NETWORK From the Win 7 Ultimate but it has loaded Scanner software that doesn't work.

Texashuman_0-1685312658480.png

Since I can share images between the Win 11 Pro and the Win 7 Ultimate, being able to print from the Win 7 is more useful than scanning.

On the Win 11 Pro, scanning and printing using the Windows Fax and Scan Application seems like my best bet.

===========================================================

Went into the Embedded Web Server and ENABLED WIFI DIRECT.

On my Lenovo Think Center BTBTS07B00  with Win 11 Pro I can now scan and maybe do some editing of pictures and document using the Scanner software I downloaded from HP and I can print via WIFI Direct using the printer.

On my Acer Vero ChromeBookI enabled WIFI direct and there was a preinstalled SCANNER App that found the 5100 and I can scan and again have some basic editing. Then I went to the Google APP STORE and downloaded the HP Print Plugin and installed it having to be VERY careful to avoid also getting the HP SMART App that requires a an ONLINE account and Internet service.

I also have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 and a Galaxy A13 That I can use the HP PRINT PLUGIN to print with via WIFI Direct. I can probably find a SCANNER app for them as well but not worried about that right now.

What I cannot seem to do is scan or print from my Win 7 Ultimate machine and that is a real bummer since it has all my really good picture editing software on it. 

But Win 7 Ultimate came through again since it has the Windows Fax & Scanner software and it will scan.

Now refuses to even scan. Wonder if the printer phoned home and told HP it was connected to a Win 7 Machine and HP cut it off??

Get this when I try to download the FULL FEATURE Scanner and that and the Basic Scanner are is the only thing the HP support page shows as being available for win 7. 

Needless to say I didn't download.

Texashuman_0-1685239987979.png

HP Recommended

the warning on the HP FTP site is likely a false positive.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.