Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP M506
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'm trying to disable 2-sided printing on this printer, m506,  I know you can tell it to not flip in the properties but I've done that and it reverts back.  Some programs we use do not let you change any printer settings so I need 1-sided as the default. Can anyone tell me how to  do this?   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have been trying to post the answer I found for this issue.  I keep getting thrown out.  But here it is.  The solution was to create a "printer shortcut" inside the printer properties to a 1-sided custom setup.  This has worked for everyone.  All the rest revert back to 2-sided.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

From the Start menu click on View Devices and Printers.

Right-click the printer and select Printer Properties.

Open the Advanced tab and click the Printing Defaults button.

Open the Finishing tab and uncheck the box to print on both sides, then press OK.

Within the General tab of the shown window. press Preferences, open the Finishing tab, and ensure the box is unchecked in here too, then press OK.

Press Apply and then OK to close the Printer Properties screen.

Now close and open the program you are printing from and duplex printing should now be disabled by default.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

That is exactly what I did.  The only problem is the settings don't stick.  They revert back.  The visual basic program that the person is using does not give any printer selection, it goes directly to the default printer. I even removed the printer and re-installed it from the server after the properties on the server were changed and they still revert back.

HP Recommended

Check the settings on the printer itself. You can set the hardware to always duplex.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I have been trying to post the answer I found for this issue.  I keep getting thrown out.  But here it is.  The solution was to create a "printer shortcut" inside the printer properties to a 1-sided custom setup.  This has worked for everyone.  All the rest revert back to 2-sided.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.