Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hello

I have a model 8720 all-in-one printer and it's no longer under any warranty. About a month and a half ago our wireless internet dish on the roof was hit by lightning and it took out the router. We had the dish repaired and replaced the router. The computer was fine and the printer was still on afterward. Sometime later we went to print and the printer was off and would not turn on. Went through all of HP's procedures to get it turned back on and they said to take it to a service shop. I was finally able to figure out how to remove the side panel to the power supply and main control board. I did my own trouble shooting and found power to the board of 30.8 volts DC. So I am assuming that the board is bad, although I am concern that it could also be the board on the on/off switch. I looked online for a new main control board and found a number of providers with re-manufactured boards for $49.00, beats paying $400 for a new printer. Before I order a board here's my problem, I can not figure out how to remove the ribbons from the connectors on the board except for only one that has a black bar that lifts back. I googled on line about disconnecting ribbons, but these are not like that. Do you have a procedure on how to remove these ribbons you can share with me? Please see attached photos.  Very frustrating, but I do not want to force and damage it. I appreciate any help people can give me!

20221015_153921.jpeg20221017_141415.jpeg
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.