Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-04-2016 11:02 AM
I was instaling the software for my Laserjet PRO MFP M127fn and suddenly there was power failure and an error massage. Now, i'm trying to reinstal but i got this massage ''the prior product installation failed to complete. The partially installed files must be uninstalled before you rerun the product installation''. i have searched for the installed files but i could not find it in my computer.
Please what should i do?
11-07-2016 02:52 PM
Hello, @vikkywhyte – Hope you are well!
Thank you for becoming an HP Forum member. It is a great location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others.
I see that you have not mentioned your operating system. To give you specific steps, I would like to know the operating system on your computer.
If you are using Windows OS, try Microsoft Fix it to remove / uninstall the files. Get the software and instructions here: http://hp.care/2dHImNI
If you are using MAC OS X, follow the document to uninstall the old files: http://hp.care/2cD0tFl
Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.
Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!
I am not an HP Employee
09-13-2017 12:05 PM
thank you Dvortex for your reply, but this did not resolve the issue.
i wish to install HP Laserjet Pro MFP M127-M128 on my DELL Inspiron N5050 , but this was the reply i got " The prior product installation failed to complete. the partially installed files must be uninstalled before you rerun the product installation". i cant find the installed file on my laptop. and i could not uninstalled it.
(during the prevoius installation, there was power failure immediately i connected the printer to my laptop to complete the installation)
my system is windows 7
09-15-2017 08:54 AM
Try the steps below to remove the old printer software and to install the new one:
- First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
- Go to Control Panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP LaserJet printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control Panel – Devices and Printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
- Restart your computer.
- Now, click http://hp.care/2peoGtG to download and install the software.
- Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
Let me know how that goes!
Good luck 🙂
Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!
I am not an HP Employee
12-19-2019 02:12 PM
I have exactly the same problem with win7. I have HP LASERJET PRO MFP M127. I did all of the steps that you suggested, but it didn't help me. I still get the "the prior product installation failed to complete. the partially installed files must be uninstalled before you rerun the product installation" windows. Can you help?