Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Laserjet M1005, macos Monterey
Other

Hp printer driver for Macos Monterey 12.0.1 not available. Kindly resolve the isuue. It is urgent

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi all - So I was able to find a link where a person was able to solve the problem. Believe it or not it is a scripting error in the package. More details can be found here.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/monterrey-and-hp-printers.2319676/

I was able to update the scripts for distribution within the package that you download from the HP site and get my old Laser M1213 MFP to work.

To help those who have this issue - I have updated the package that worked for me on Mac OS 12.0.1 Monterey and put on this link which is valid till Nov 25th, 2021 - https://sendgb.com/mkA26DolzSr

Hopefully this is enough time for HP to take note and update their package.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

117 REPLIES 117
HP Recommended

@RKap, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

I understand you are looking for a printer driver to work on Mac. However, due to its age, there are no drivers available for this printer to work on macOS 11 or the recently released macOS 12. The driver available is only for macOS 10.14

Note: You may wait for a week and check on the HP Support site

This printer is not AirPrint compatible too.

However, Gutenprint (formerly called Gimp-Print) provides open-source basic print drivers for many printers that would otherwise not be supported in Mac OS X. To see if your printer is supported, go to Gutenprint drivers for more information.

NOTE: Gutenprint drivers are not supported by HP or Apple.

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I spoke with an HP tech several times over the last week.  They continued to say that HP was waiting on Apple to provide the drivers for macOS 12 Monterrey.  This is not he case as HP and Apple have both said that drivers come from HP, as the recommendation is on your website.  HP does has a new Easy Start dated 26 OCT, 2021 indicating it works with macOS 12 but it does not.  Running the program sees the Enterprise LaserJet M751dn and even the DesignJet T730 but the Easy Start doesn't find the correct drivers and ends up directing me to HP for support.

HP has again found itself behind the curve ball.  The same situation has happened several OS' before.  Apple releases the OS and HP isn't ready.  I guess I'd learn by now but wanted the new features of Monterrey.

I don't wish to and I'nm not throwing stones but I am curious, The macOS 12 has been available to the Developer Network for some time and even the public Beta has been out.  Why someone as large as HP can't keep up.  Is it COVID?   I'm just a small office but I did just spend about $8,000 on your equipment.  Amy help or direction you can provide is appreciated. 

Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

@skippy255z

This printer is pretty old. HP does not have a printer driver for this model to work on macOS 11. I doubt HP will release software for macOS 12.

However, you may wait and check.

Apart from this, there are no other options available now to install this printer on a Mac.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This printer is a M751dn, not the M750.  The print drivers under HP Easy Start worked fine and saw the printer and the T730 plotter under the previous version of HP Easy Start that supported macOS 11.  Several days ago and after I opened a case with HP Easy Start was modified and published several days after my call to include macOS 12.  

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-color-laserjet-enterprise-m751-printer-series/19...

This HP Easy Start version is 2.12.0.211012, dated 26 OCT 2021. Not only does the driver for macOS 12 fail but it no longer completes the driver installation and now fails under macOS 11.  Not trying to be a pain, but it worked before and now it doesn't.

This same path HP has lead us down has happened twice over the last 4-5 releases of OS X and macOS.  Apple doesn't create and publish the drivers, HP does.  Apple no longer provides HP print drivers through Apple Software Update (ASU).  As follows:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04510394

HP Recommended

And, the previous version of HP Easy Start for macOS 11 Big Sur that worked before now fails.

HP Recommended

Are you aware of any printer brands that keep up with the operating systems? I'm thinking of moving away from HP and hoping to find another brand that does a better job of making drivers available sooner.

HP Recommended

As to the comments about the printer being old (it isn't if I understand OP right). I have a pretty old printer, a Color LaserJet 3600n. I can install the drivers, from a diskimage nae HewlettPackardPrinterDrivers.dmg that I picked up somewhere, and things work great, on MacOS Monterey 12.0. On 12.0.1 I can't, then the error message actually says ”only for MacOS 12.0 or earlier”. Now I am not sure if I will be able to print on the machine with 12.0 if I upgrade. I guess I will know soon...

HP Recommended

I have a HP ENVY 7855 and this printer will not work with Mac OS Monterey either. The printer is a few months old and was a top recommendation

HP Recommended

I face a same issue, the driver which I download from official website version 5.10 for my printer laser jet M1120MFP showing the message not support for macOS 12.0.1.

Kindly help to solve this issues as possible as you can, due to this is the printer I'm apply for my company commercial use, that is really headache now all of my company commercial documents  not work, we just only have this printer in our company, please!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.